Tailgate/Bootlid respray price

Miffer

Oct 4, 2001
St Helens
Visit site
As the title says really, how much do you guys think that I would looking at for a respray of the bootlid of my MK3 Ibiza in Artic Grey in colour?

And does anybody know of any decent bodyshops in the North West area......preferably the St Helens, Liverpool, Warrington area?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Brian

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Is it just a respray or do you need some rust sorting too? Only because the MK3 Ibizas are known to rust on the boot under the Rear Wiper where the Window Seal is

I was quoted to sort the little bit of rust and a respray £399 so if its just a respray you may be looking a lot less than that although im not sure exactly how much

Sorry i cant help more

C3 LJG

Serial Speeder
Dec 23, 2003
Chandlers Ford
www.cardomain.com
That seems very expensive the rust can't be that bad on it?

I got quoted about 180 to smooth and paint mine by a local bodyshop when i had my bumper done.

I would have thought a couple of hundred tops to spray if its the same colour already?

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
That seems very expensive the rust can't be that bad on it?

I got quoted about 180 to smooth and paint mine by a local bodyshop when i had my bumper done.

I would have thought a couple of hundred tops to spray if its the same colour already?

Yeah i thought it was a VERY high price to be honest

Its only a tiny bit of bubble rust, less that a 5p really :shrug:

C3 LJG

Serial Speeder
Dec 23, 2003
Chandlers Ford
www.cardomain.com
Blackturbo - what bodyshop did you use as i am wanting to get some work done but need to find a good bodyshop don't mind traveling to far as i am near southampton, the guy i used before has turned out to be a complete tw@t!

Tony 156

Jul 27, 2006
Thatcham
i know im not from that area, but my car painting contact charges 100 quid a panal, depending on the work involved.

Miffer

Oct 4, 2001
St Helens
Visit site
It’s not rust, so hopefully cheaper then.

The problem I have got is I had a decent sized stone chip that I touched up and a “mate” offered to wet sand it, to flat it off and then buff it out. He did a few chips around the car and they looked great but when he came to sanding the bootlid he blew through to the primer:( I don’t know if the paint was a bit thinner or what but he didn’t seem to do anything different from the other ones he had done.

So I should hopefully be looking around the £200 mark, and it gives me an excuse to get the grey bumper strips on the front and back colour coded I suppose:D

blackturbo

Apr 3, 2006
Fleet, Hants
Blackturbo - what bodyshop did you use as i am wanting to get some work done but need to find a good bodyshop don't mind traveling to far as i am near southampton, the guy i used before has turned out to be a complete tw@t!

I used a company called Broxhead Paint shop, did a full respray on my Fezzie before and did a pretty good job, paid for a door shut spray and they did all the door and boot shuts to! they even washed my car for me lol! Speak to Rhys if you can.

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
The paint on the tailgate can be very thin at times, your mate probably did exactly as he did with the others however he's not been lucky this time. If you look very closely with the boot up you can see its just a quick blow over round the tailgate area.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members