Tailgate Panel Removal

hondated

Dec 13, 2007
Honestly I am not being lazy when I ask this question because I have sat here and trawled through 100 pages of threads seeking the answer to my question.

The question this time is how do you remove the plastic paneling on a 55 Leon FR to gain access to the lock.Thats once I have managed to get it open of cause.

Even removing the two hand holds after removing the screws is difficult. I have removed the covers on the rear light bulb access and it seems that the panel is connected to the metal by a form of clip but thats all I can see. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Feb 12, 2006
North Lincolnshire.
Hi there. If its any use to you I have not had the need to remove the one on my new Leon but did it on my cupra tdi 150 mk1 and it just popped off after removing the handle screws with alot of brute force and ignorance.It had clips that are pushed onto the boot inner and are really hard to pull out and then I had to lever it away from the lid catch and it was clipped onto the upper parts that needed unclipping ( a real pain when reassembling ).

hondated

Dec 13, 2007
Thanks

Fast Al thank you for giving me the information.Its what I really did not want to read but it confirms what I thought.

When faced with tasks like this the easy bit, although difficult, is getting the thing off but replacing it is the worse because none of us wants to have to keep looking at something that before removal was prestine but after awful.

Oh well what must be done must be done. Regards Ted

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.