Tailgate Spoiler fitting...

j.owen

Aug 30, 2015
St. Helens
Yes I agree! :) However due to my pishy insurance company all major mods are on hold as they charge a totally outrageous premium for any modifications. Can’t remember the exact amount but it was over £150 when I enquired about the tailgate spoiler! Yes you read right, £150 plus added to the insurance premium for a flipping tiny piece of plastic!!!! Luckily I just said I was thinking about adding a spoiler. I reminded them I was 48 with a full NCD, not 18 and therefore not a boy racer (no disrespect to the younger owners on here) and that it was not a huge whale-fin job but subtle OEM equipment. The phone representative sounded verrrry sheepish and just said it was up to the underwriters as they set the costs....

They can take my £150 and shove it right up their lardy.....:censored: LOL

Come August these items will seriously be considered for purchase! :) Insurance gets renewed then!

Just to add my 2p; I'm with Admiral and they charged me £43 for the OEM spoiler and Triple R splitter which is reasonable I suppose (I'm 21)

a22tenc

Jan 21, 2015
Does anyone know how to remove the spoiler ? Mine is a 5 door and when I bought the car it already came with the spoiler but whoever did it, didn't do a good job because the edges are lifted up and I can see some black glue on the side and the left side is a bit loose.

It's been like that for 2 years now and it never flew away but since I bought windshield glue for my other car I wanted to take advantage of it to glue the entire spoiler so it sits nice and flush.

The thing is, I have no idea how can I remove it, I tried to push it but the left side is really glued into place and I don't want to force it.

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
The bumper is not glued... the owner before you probably broke the supports and then glued it so probably not a good idea to remove!

Also don't force it or you will break it, you need to remove the screws. It is secured by screws, not glue.

You should inform yourself before forcing anything in this new cars... If you need to use force you are doing something wrong and will end up breaking something and loose more time and money.

j.owen

Aug 30, 2015
St. Helens
The bumper is not glued... the owner before you probably broke the supports and then glued it so probably not a good idea to remove!

Also don't force it or you will break it, you need to remove the screws. It is secured by screws, not glue.

You should inform yourself before forcing anything in this new cars... If you need to use force you are doing something wrong and will end up breaking something and loose more time and money.

He's talking about the spoiler, which is secured by glue, very strong glue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a22tenc

Jan 21, 2015

He's talking about the spoiler, which is secured by glue, very strong glue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sorry I didnt understood, my mistake

ok-then.gif

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.