Tarraco removed from sale?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Just been on the SEAT website to check and it seems that the Tarraco has been removed from sale for any new factory orders...

Screenshot_2024-02-18-15-27-41-42_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

I've seen multiple comments saying the same thing from other social media sites confirming from local dealerships.

Seems like the SEAT / CUPRA brands will be without a 7 seater for a while...

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Just been on the SEAT website to check and it seems that the Tarraco has been removed from sale for any new factory orders...

View attachment 40767

I've seen multiple comments saying the same thing from other social media sites confirming from local dealerships.

Seems like the SEAT / CUPRA brands will be without a 7 seater for a while...

I'm really sorry to watch the brand passing into oblivion, slowly.
We'll also see the other models sharing the same fate one by one.
But it's just that the way it is, I'll just hold on to my beloved Leon for long long years.
That's the plan anyway.

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Probably be a Chinese built electric along the lines of the Tavascan... stretching it a bit more. Tavascan isn't as long as the Tarraco but it is longer than the Ateca. Puff of smoke if I've missed it. Will sit somewhere in the ID chassis line up unless they get that one built in Germany for them, The Tavascan promises to be interesting as a signpost of the big Cupras. The other one seems to be a marketing gizmo. So reckon you will be looking at a stretched Tavascan if the relation of the Ateca to Tarraco is kept. Tavascan filling the Ateca slot, Tavascan+ the 7 seater. Might be off in my thinking thou 🤣. They will give it another Spanish town. The market might not be there for it... we will see.

Mute question of what they are doing with their European factories.

t_v

Feb 19, 2021
I think it is worse than that, with the "electrification" of SEAT simply being mopeds, they are already on sale in Spain.

Maybe a couple (probably only the Leon as it is the only PHEV currently on sale) will be rebranded for Cupra and that will be that for the SEAT brand.

Tell

Staff member
I'm hoping my dealer will rebrand to Cupra but we will see else they will take on another marque. BYO... perhaps not round here. MG so won't be that.

You have to think electric all the rest won't be manufactured in 10 years time. Tavascan I'd buy if I needed a new car in the short term. Reckon a suitable replacement for an Ateca. That eletric VW van I see round here on the parent school run. Useful, home charging in the farm and off they go to pick up the kids, too quite, you can't hear it coming :oops:. Round the corner and you scatter off the road to get out of its way.... No footpaths in these parts.

I'm intrigued what will actualy come out of the Vag manufacturing in China. What proportion of Cupras will be made in China and what proportion of the other Vag brands.

t_v

Feb 19, 2021
I'm hoping my dealer will rebrand to Cupra but we will see else they will take on another marque. BYO... perhaps not round here. MG so won't be that.

You have to think electric all the rest won't be manufactured in 10 years time. Tavascan I'd buy if I needed a new car in the short term. Reckon a suitable replacement for an Ateca. That eletric VW van I see round here on the parent school run. Useful, home charging in the farm and off they go to pick up the kids, too quite, you can't hear it coming :oops:. Round the corner and you scatter off the road to get out of its way.... No footpaths in these parts.

I'm intrigued what will actualy come out of the Vag manufacturing in China. What proportion of Cupras will be made in China and what proportion of the other Vag brands.
My local SEAT dealer emailed last month that they will be closing with almost immediate effect.

I have to travel 15 miles for the next closest one and because they are small usually have to go even further as they have very few appointments.

God knows what will happen if I have an issue, will be weeks before they can see it/fix it.

• Sad

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
It may just be a glitch, but the configurator on the SEAT UK website doesn't currently let me 'build' an Ateca.:unsure:

• Wow

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
I checked this yesterday as my wife is thinking of replacing her Focus and it just goes around in circles, is the demise so rapid? Surely not.
Not just me then: I tried 3 different browsers and switched off the VPN and adblocker, but had no success.

Reactions: Wyld Stallyn

Tell

Staff member
Not just me then: I tried 3 different browsers and switched off the VPN and adblocker, but had no success.
I had noticed on other boards (foreign I recall) that the Ateca will be soon be discontinued (chatter). I took that as years thou and the Cupra version I guess will remain during that. The Tavascan will be the Atecas Cupra electric replacement for those with pockets that are deep enough.

I see the Skoda Karoq wiki says nothing about new models other than the 2024 which is already out. The factory where the Ateca is produced, since the Karoq was born a year later, the sister Ateca.

Interesting the China plant produces these for China slightly different size and they are also produced in Russia. Might be the Seat issue too many Vag factories 😂.

For the Tarraco interest could switch to this one

Skodas are ugly cars thou.

There seems to be a hole in the market for Leon lads thou for full electrification 🤣. I don't take hybrids seriously only a stepping stone to EVs. ICE and hybrids then EVs. Interesting to see how Cupra serves the Seat market or abandons the low end. Punters are perhaps suppose to buy something else from the Vag brand although they don't have the same appeal in design.

Reactions: Seriously?

t_v

Feb 19, 2021
I had noticed on other boards (foreign I recall) that the Ateca will be soon be discontinued (chatter). I took that as years thou and the Cupra version I guess will remain during that. The Tavascan will be the Atecas Cupra electric replacement for those with pockets that are deep enough.

I see the Skoda Karoq wiki says nothing about new models other than the 2024 which is already out. The factory where the Ateca is produced, since the Karoq was born a year later, the sister Ateca.

Interesting the China plant produces these for China slightly different size and they are also produced in Russia. Might be the Seat issue too many Vag factories 😂.

For the Tarraco interest could switch to this one

Skodas are ugly cars thou.
I like the new Kodiaq in Sportline trim, it is one of the options we are looking into for the wife's upgrade, sadly not a SEAT as it is obvious the brand is being mothballed.

If the trim is offered as a PHEV and it does close to the 62 all electric miles quoted , it becomes a serious contender via salary sacrifice.

Reactions: Seriously? and Tell

Tell

Staff member
I like the new Kodiaq in Sportline trim, it is one of the options we are looking into for the wife's upgrade, sadly not a SEAT as it is obvious the brand is being mothballed.

If the trim is offered as a PHEV and it does close to the 62 all electric miles quoted , it becomes a serious contender via salary sacrifice.
A stepping stone car to a true EV 😉. Skodas do add the trimmings although have that ugly front end.

t_v

Feb 19, 2021
A stepping stone car to a true EV 😉. Skodas do add the trimmings although have that ugly front end.
The new optional led grill "bar" takes care of the front end, it is the one option I will be happy to fork out for, makes the car palatable.

I don't think PHEVs are going anywhere, they are here to stay as the EV revolution is not materialising.

Tell

Staff member
The new optional led grill "bar" takes care of the front end, it is the one option I will be happy to fork out for, makes the car palatable.

I don't think PHEVs are going anywhere, they are here to stay as the EV revolution is not materialising.
EV revolution is more tricky in urban areas without drives and street parking for sure. They were all old bangers being driven in outer London where I use to live except the posh houses with drives. Probably buying land to put EV charging points on in urban areas is more pricy with the cars hanging about to charge. Shorter charging time will sort that out but probably not as quick as filling a tank.

Supermarket charging points. Note that the local Morrisons is putting in EV chargers but will get you on the 2 hour free parking limit 🤔. If you haven't got a drive you are disenfranchised for a start. One way of getting clean air in urban areas will be diminishing ICE cars due to not being able to buy them. Old bangers will continue till they fail their MOT. It is a transition. Battery technology being the key to quick charging.

t_v

Feb 19, 2021
EV revolution is more tricky in urban areas without drives and street parking for sure. They were all old bangers being driven in outer London where I use to live except the posh houses with drives. Probably buying land to put EV charging points on in urban areas is more pricy with the cars hanging about to charge. Shorter charging time will sort that out but probably not as quick as filling a tank.

Supermarket charging points. Note that the local Morrisons is putting in EV chargers but will get you on the 2 hour free parking limit 🤔. If you haven't got a drive you are disenfranchised for a start. One way of getting clean air in urban areas will be diminishing ICE cars due to not being able to buy them. Old bangers will continue till they fail their MOT. It is a transition. Battery technology being the key to quick charging.
I think it is much simpler than that: EVs are expensive and inconvenient.

When there are EVs priced on a par with ICE and with a similar range, i.e. ~450-500 motorway miles on a single charge in the winter with all cabin necessities on (heating, sound system etc) and adequate domestic and public charging points to facilitate that, only then EVs will become a truly viable option for general use (on a par with ICE).

Right now they are a simply a pipe dream of the elites and they are quickly rowing back.

Tell

Staff member
I think it is much simpler than that: EVs are expensive and inconvenient.

When there are EVs priced on a par with ICE and with a similar range, i.e. ~450-500 motorway miles on a single charge in the winter with all cabin necessities on (heating, sound system etc) and adequate domestic and public charging points to facilitate that, only then EVs will become a truly viable option for general use (on a par with ICE).

Right now they are a simply a pipe dream of the elites and they are quickly rowing back.
Well they disadvantage people who haven't got the money or a drive / parking space or can spare the time to charge, but they do stop global warming which is the main thing. So I'm supportive of them just makes life a bit more tricky. Probably 2040 and on when city folk will be using their 5+ year ICE cars less. Obviously more an inconvenience for folk that like to buy cars new and change them often as manufacturers gear for EVs now.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members