tdi 0-60??

h00vertime

May 10, 2006
whats the best people have got out of a tdi iv heard on here people have modded up up to 250 bhp with a tdi but thats not gonna give as quick a time as a lcr is it??

CupraTDI_Rob

2004 Leon Cupra TDI
Jun 26, 2007
Colchester, Essex
my Leon Cupra TDI has been remapped to 190bhp and I doubt my 0-60 time has improved by that much, i reckon it would struggle to better 8 seconds.
The main problems are getting the power down and the how the power is delivered and its narrow power band.

The big improvement has come in the in gear acceleration times, 2nd, 3rd and 4th gears are awesome.

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
If you can get a perfect launch, a remapped Leon FR/Cupra TDI wont be far behind a standard LCR. High 7's at a guess, maybe mid sevens on a good surface like santa pod.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Sorry mate what do you mean by "weak" ?
I haven't had mine remapped so only going by what I experienced in mine...When accelerating in first gear feels like the turbo hardly does any work until like 3k and then dies at 3.5k. It seems to rev a lot quicker thus making the gear super short.

When in my friends LCR his first gear is "strong"...turbo kicks in nicely and of course he has a long rev range compared to the tdi.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
from a rolling start from 20mph with him behind me i get to about 80mph and he steam rolls past me quite convincingly. It wasnt a a perfect test and this was before any of my mods although i dont think it would have made a big difference...i was quite please as I initially pull away in 2nd and then a bit in third but soon as he hit third his revs just reeled me in he said.

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
My first gear isn`t "weak" then as my old turbo (VT5) would start to spool at about 2K and be on full boost by 3K and will rev to 4.5-5 K but can be made to rev to 6K but the engine doesn`t like it really. The problem with first gear is it is so low geared that i hardly use it.

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
And i think with Mikes being a 16v and ours maz being 8v, his is going to have a better pick up.

Mike, I think maz (jonjay) was trying to say what you said but in a different way, as in 1st gear is "weak" as it realy doesnt do much in gettin the car going fast, its just too short of a gear to get any sort of good start off with.

Actually thinking about it, i wonder if they had changed the ratios in the gears boxes once they went to 16v, e.g. made 1st gear in the 16v engines a little longer?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.