TDI SX coupe

blackturbo

Apr 3, 2006
Fleet, Hants
Im looking for a tidy diesel to replace my Cupra now that im a home owner, what do you guys think of these?

I know they arent super quick but ive heard a few companies can get them running between 110-120bhp which is respectable and they are different which i like!

blackturbo

Apr 3, 2006
Fleet, Hants
That doesnt happen to be a yellow one with a mk3 front end ? lol! Drive Forwards??

Ive found a nice looking black one local to me

heg123

doh. i read a review and it said there is a 100bhp and a 130bhp model. o well

ye I phoned them up and they told me 120k it looks a very nice car but it cant be worth more than £1400 even if it is 75k. you should go have a look at it as it looks gorgeous

Last edited by a moderator:

blackturbo

Apr 3, 2006
Fleet, Hants
Yeh thats the newer Cordobas.

I just phoned yeh 121k, im not paying nearly 2k for that I will buy a golf tdi instead lol :)

Does look tidy and I think the price is on the rarity value but at the end of the day the mileage is a fair wack

heg123

could knock him down as i doubt it will sell at that price

blackturbo

Apr 3, 2006
Fleet, Hants
No well its been about for 2 months atleast but for 2400 there is a nice tidy 34k Ibiza diesel! Not as flashy or as well spec'd but a quarter or the mileage lol

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
The Cordoba SX TDI is a 90bhp one, they're very rare and for some reason everyone wants mega bucks for them. The Mk4 Cordoba comes in 100 and 130bhp TDI models but they're saloons not coupe body styles.

blackturbo

Apr 3, 2006
Fleet, Hants
Definately a nice looking and unusual car just for that money and the mileage I could get a nice Golf diesel with half the miles! lol!

blackturbo

Apr 3, 2006
Fleet, Hants
Well the tuning boxes ive seen can bring it up to 117bhp which is what Revo quote for the TDi 90 Golf unit so no dif just more hassle I guess lol

fatbloke

i run a van aaken tuning box on a 90bhp engine, although i dont have a rolling road figure it goes extremely well and blows very little soot out
they quote an increase to around 112 bhp which given the performance seems reasonable

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
The thing is the cordy coupe is a rare a good looking car, but its just a bit show and no go with a TDi engine. However if i wanted a car to pootle around town in i'd have one in a second, but for now i'll stick with my B road blaster :)

driveforward

Is at the Nürburgring
Nov 5, 2002
www.driveforward.com
That doesnt happen to be a yellow one with a mk3 front end ? lol! Drive Forwards??

Indeedy :(

I loved Cordy (C12RDY) - such a shame it came to a tragic end..

Mine was a TDI 90, but you CAN get more than the 117bhp mentioned here out of the engine, mine made 130bhp up from 126bhp the weekend before it all ended.

The ECU is non-reprogrammable, but you can upgrade the injector nozzles for larger ones, fit a dirty great FMIC, decent exhaust, BMC CDA and then get the tuning box adjusted on a RR to get a decent improvement.

Loads of pics here:
http://www.seatcupra.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=2748

Specs here:
http://www.seatcupra.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=289&Itemid=6

Good luck with your search, they're great cars.. but they are overpriced (I paid about £1K over the odds for mine as they are so hard to come by)

Ian

Timmy Turtle

I have one :) in black with tuning box,power is enough if not mind blowing.
Can get over 70 mpg (calculated) on a long run too
Best car ive ever had

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise