Team Heko Wind Deflector Fitting

t0m_t0m

Aug 9, 2020
Hull
Has anybody hand any issues fitting Team Heko wind deflectors to their 5dr Mk3?

I've just fit a set to the Mk2 and they seemed to fit ok, but when i've tried to fit a set to the Mk3 the bit that goes into the window channel seems too short to use the supplied clips and they immediately pop out so the top of the wind deflector drops out of the window channel.

Any suggestions or am i doing it wrong? i've watched 3 You Tube videos and read the instructions there doesn't seem to be a secret technique, plus they seemed to fit the other car ok. Could it just be a defect in the manufacturing process?

Cuprabenwytm

Jun 17, 2020
I used a ruler and proper ramed it up so they compressed against the seal and plastic thing

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

nuvolablue

May 1, 2017
Buy some extra clips from ebay. I also put extra double sided tape all along the edges. Do both those and then leave it overnight. Shouldn't budge after that.

It's always a good idea to inspect them from time to time as I have heard of instances of them flying off whilst driving - particularly the rear ones.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

CallumFox5

Jan 9, 2018
Hi everyone,

I’ve just had some Heko front and rear deflectors delivered and went to fit them and ran into the same issue with the clips, they don’t seem to want to go up and into the channel, especially on the rear ones.

And once they are in, you can still see clip if the light is on the deflector at an angle.

For the price I paid, quite disappointed that they don’t feel secure right now, did double sided tape work for you t0m_t0m?

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
Hi everyone,

I’ve just had some Heko front and rear deflectors delivered and went to fit them and ran into the same issue with the clips, they don’t seem to want to go up and into the channel, especially on the rear ones.

And once they are in, you can still see clip if the light is on the deflector at an angle.

For the price I paid, quite disappointed that they don’t feel secure right now, did double sided tape work for you t0m_t0m?
I've recently fitted some to mine.
I didn't use clips for the front as the shape will keep them in place. As for the rear, are you inserting the clips into the vertical or horizontal channel?

CallumFox5

Jan 9, 2018
Oh great cheers, I was fiddling with front pair for ages I kinda rushed the rears.

Did you say the front ones are okay if they feel tight without clips?

t0m_t0m

Aug 9, 2020
Hull
Hi everyone,

double sided tape did nothing, you have to put the clips in reverse to what the instructions say, barbs into the window rubber, i'd recomend getting black clips as well as the silver ones are visible upon closer inspection.

Sochaux

Jan 28, 2018
They’re a pain in the arse, I have additional clips in mine and they still fall out. Thinking about removing them!

Cuprabenwytm

Jun 17, 2020
Best ones i found came from. Euro car parts bit stiff at first like the window gwts stuck but when there set in there awsom

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise