That funny thing came up on my dash display!

rji

Dec 18, 2010
If you look in your manual it tells you how to reset your service indicator.

The Skoda Fabia manual has a procedure for resetting the service indicator. It's a proper reset because it warns you not to reset it unless you've had carried out the service. I thought there would be something similar for the Ibiza but I haven't found it.

The section describing the service interval display for the Ibiza says it will display for 20 seconds but it can be turned off by pressing the trip recorder reset button for more than 0.5 seconds. But doesn't that just switch it off so you don't have to wait 20 seconds. Then it will display again the next time you turn on the ignition.

What is the procedure for turning it off permanently?

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Yeah, can some one tell me how to reset the service counter? the mechanic had a look last night but couldn't figure it out and I have checked the manual and come up empty handed. Please some one tell me how it's done so I can reset it tonight when I get home.

Moost

Feb 23, 2011
West Midlands
So I start the car tonight and on the display this think comes up with a number 32 and top left corner what appears to be an image of a clock face. What the heck is that all about???!!! Car is on 8800 miles now so could it have something to do with servicing. I remember someone else here mentioned it before but cant find that thread now.........:shrug:

Na JC, that'll be 32 days till Revo 2+...........:lol:

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
LOL. Not any more mate hehehehehhe. Well I did it like biker said anf hallelujah!!! It has reset so thanks for that mate. Strange thing though, I would think it would say 10 000 till next service but it doesn't, it says 9400. I would assume it is at that point that it starts pinging the whole time to tell you that it is no urgent getting the service done?

Spurt

Seat Bocanegra
Apr 23, 2010
Slough
Im not sure how accurate resetting it like that is, was told on courses it shouldnt be done that way but its cleared the light so all is good. Even ive learnt somthing lol might use this in future wen cba to wheel over vas.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Yeah Spurt, that was why I checked to make sure that the counter had reset too, which it had so I am sure it is ok. I wont even reach 10K by next year any way so servicing will done before then hehehehhehhe

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.