• Hi Guest why not show off your SEAT! (now fixed)
    You can now share your favourite car photos in the new media gallery including embedding pictures from your Instagram account.
  • We're live with the new site! Please let us know what you think in this thread. Also let us know if you spot any quirks.

The Definitive LED Bulb Replacement Parts Guide

TheVoice

Jun 11, 2016
Scotland
Thanks very much that's the 1 I have ordered to finish off the led bulb swap out
No problem! I've had that one for about a year and it's been great, much better than the bulb I bought off eBay before it which eventually failed.

How easy are these to change and fit?
Very, there's a small flap on the inside of the boot hatch door, and then you just have to release a few clips to get the bulb holder unit out. Only thing to remember is that LEDs are polarity-specific so if it doesn't work the first time, you might need to rotate the bulb 180 degrees.

The rear indicators (for pre-facelift) are a harder task but still not so bad as long as you're careful, there's a guide on these forums for those.

Reactions: Jordan Neill

Spuddy01

Aug 30, 2018
Well just finished installing the led bulbs in the interior of my car & have to say WOW what a difference they make.
I did not use any tools other than a flat head screwdriver very carefully i might add for the most part.
I did have an issue with the front welcome lights but more to do with my fat fingers than anything else, had to remove the whole unit as i took off the reflector strip and could not get it back in properly until i removed the whole unit but only 2 screws and sorted now.
Many thanks for all the links for bulbs & info supplied in this thread.

Reactions: TheVoice

Stephen Payne

Jan 28, 2019
East Sussex
Just to clarify do the new Cupra 290 copra's have led's all round?

For example are number plate, fogs etc led.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
Although I have Led headlights etc, my interior lights are just normal 501s. Can I just swap for leds? I'd like to have red footwells to match doors etc.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.