The Definitive LED Bulb Replacement Parts Guide

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
Any early pioneers fancy knocking one up? :D

Save me trawling through all the posts and maybe picking up on the wrong bulbs as I recall there were a lot of issues with some, dimly on, flickering, melting even. I should have jotted down what was good at the time.

Still not 100% sure what is LED on the interior, think DC said it was the foot well and map lights but did that include the rear roof lights as well?

Bulbs I need to change for full LED?

Glovebox x1
Boot x1
Reverse x1
Fog rear x1
Indicators Rear x2
Fogs front x2

^
The above reading good? :confused:

Last edited:

Shelvock

Vanity lights for the sun visors, I've done all the interior lights I'll see if I can find the eBay item numbers for you later on if you like

Last edited by a moderator:

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
I cheated and bought all mine from here LEDPerf they sell them as a pack, I used them for my Ibiza in 2012 too.
Some people may prefer to buy individually and possibly save money, I'm lazy though.

ac2013

Sep 1, 2013
I can certainly vouch for these ones that do the front map lights, boot and footwells.

I had to trawl through the posts and these were recommended and are indeed perfect error free reliable white LED's I have had installed for some time.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=131089448071

It does seem pot luck though as I have also got through a few bulbs that melt, give errors or fail in days

One of the reds I fitted in the footwell failed within 2 weeks!

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
Hi Andy,

I have the LED Interior Pack and everything inside the car are LED lights except for the Glove Box and Boot light. I have ordered some replacement LED bulbs for these and after fitting if any good will post the product numbers for you.

With regards to the Exterior Lights you have covered all the bulbs that need replacing :)

I have just finished fitting my LED Indicator and Reverse bulbs and here are the part numbers for them (I got the same bulbs as what Dephead and DeanC recommended on the other LED light thread) So here goes:

LED Indicator Bulbs:
Although the item has ended you can email the Seller and he can tell you if he has any left, he's quick with email responses.
Ebay item: 161211768631
Link

LED Reverse Bulb:
Ebay item 261169683340
Link

Hope it helps :)

Edit: Oh I haven't and wont bother replacing the rear fog light as it will hardly ever get used and I reckon it should be bright enough when I do have to use it.

Last edited:

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
Hi Jack, my FR does come with LED number plate bulbs.

shutcorea

Nov 22, 2011
Mexico
Does the Leon come with LED number plate bulbs?

At least the FR version does, here is a pic of one of them and the part number.

They are VERY easily removed...literally with one finger they pop out.

h42d.jpg

aexn.jpg

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
Hi, just a quick update to add to my previous post. I have just fitted these 1 sided LED bulbs to my boot and glovebox and am happy with them, the new LED bulbs fit perfectly into the light unit :)

item 281064527024

Here are a couple of pics of the bulbs:

yjeberyd.jpg

revugesy.jpg

Last edited:

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
Hi, just a quick update to add to my previous post. I have just fitted these 1 sided LED bulbs to my boot and glovebox and am happy with them, the new LED bulbs fit perfectly into the light unit :)

item 281064527024

yjeberyd.jpg

revugesy.jpg

They'll do for me Aj, how many bulbs in total between the boot and glove compartment? I'll order up accordingly :)

Edit...Just ordered x2, assuming its one and one.
Swithered on these for a mo but went red :)

Last edited:

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
They'll do for me Aj, how many bulbs in total between the boot and glove compartment? I'll order up accordingly :)

Edit...Just ordered x2, assuming its one and one.

Swithered on these for a mo but went red :)

Hi Andy,
You need 2 bulbs in total (1 for boot and 1 for glovebox) the link I posted above you get 2 pcs x LED replacement bulbs for £4.25 so if you order 1 lot for £4.25 you can do both glove box and boot, bargain! :)

AJ

Oct 16, 2013

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
Vanity lights for the sun visors, I've done all the interior lights I'll see if I can find the eBay item numbers for you later on if you like

Had a look at them today, looked LED'esk

item 281064527024

yjeberyd.jpg

revugesy.jpg

Popped them in today Aj, need to pop out later to see how they look.

Rear indicator leds on order, will order up the reverse light later tonight.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
PartsULike do a kit for the MK2 somebody could go see them with a MK3

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
Had a look at them today, looked LED'esk

Popped them in today Aj, need to pop out later to see how they look.

Rear indicator leds on order, will order up the reverse light later tonight.

Did you check them out, hope you're happy with them :)

What do you think of the interior LED pack now that you have your car Andy, worth the cost? Although it costs more than buying aftermarket LED bulbs for rest of the car I personally think its worth the money I paid, to get oem fit- Just shame that it didn't include the glovebox and boot lights!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.