INTERIOR LED LIGHTS REPLACEMENT

Leonfrdiesel184

Apr 18, 2022
Hi everyone I hope your all well I am wanting to replace my interior lights for led ones and just wonder where everyone has got there's from and if someone can give me a detailed list of what the actual bulbs are I need to buy.

I have a mk3 5f leon.

Cheers thanks so much

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Double check the lights you already have.

If you already have LED (just don't like the yellow colour), then swapping isn't so straight forward as a lot of them are actually soldered into boards.

If you do have normal bulbs, its as simple as taking them out and checking what type you need (as you'd have to to check if they're not already LED).

As for who to purchase them off depends what you want to spend. Cheap ones on Amazon would likely just work as well, and if they didn't last as long, due to the price difference of some of the branded one you'd still be quid's in buying a replacement.

Reactions: Leonfrdiesel184

Leonfrdiesel184

Apr 18, 2022
Thanks so much mate for that is there a link or do you know what actual bulbs I need thanks so much mate

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Thanks so much mate for that is there a link or do you know what actual bulbs I need thanks so much mate
I don't sadly - I have in my head 5w5 or w5w or something

I made the mistake of buying red LEDs that were supposed to fit my white car only to find that as I had LED a lot of them were soldered into main boards or where a little SMD type thing like this.,.

1673802938213.png

Found that on this site that maybe able to help:

Leonfrdiesel184

Apr 18, 2022
I don't sadly - I have in my head 5w5 or w5w or something

I made the mistake of buying red LEDs that were supposed to fit my white car only to find that as I had LED a lot of them were soldered into main boards or where a little SMD type thing like this.,.

View attachment 35210

Found that on this site that maybe able to help:

Thanks for your help mate.

I will do what you say and take them out to see what actual bulbs are installed and type I definitely know mine don't have leds anyway as can see the crappy bulbs underneath the lense lol

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
Hi..... I used these.....

and you can specify different colours, if you don't want all white

Leonfrdiesel184

Apr 18, 2022
Hi..... I used these.....

and you can specify different colours, if you don't want all white
HI mate thanks for that are they good quality did you just go for the white ones? I am thinking of red to match the interior lighting etc cheers thanks

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
HI mate thanks for that are they good quality did you just go for the white ones? I am thinking of red to match the interior lighting etc cheers thanks
Hi..... they are good quality and you get resistors to use in case they don't go off completely and either stay on dimly or flicker.

I had issues with the front two reading lights flickering at various times. I tried soldering the resistors, as per the instructions, they were better but it fix the issue completely. I ended up fitting two of these for the front reading lights and I've had no issues with them at all...

I only changed the footwell lights to red to match the door lights.

Hope this helps

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.