the time has come to........

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
hi guys well the the time has come to seriously start thinking about droping a 1.8 20vt in,iv been doing a lot of reading from ben(roly) and martins threads and just looking to get a bit more info?!what i need to know is
what the differance between the engine codes? as im quite confused by this!
also would a leon/golf engine fit?
and would all the running gear, ie subframe suspention brakes be a direct replacement for mine?as i have the 1.6 engine!

my plans are to keep it reletivley standard with just an exhaust pannel filter fmic and remap(thats free)so im not saying no!
also id like to do the bypass's on the N112, N249 i know i shoud be asking this in the mk3 section but im not sure what the benifits are!
so if anyone can shed any light on these matters i will be very greatfull
kind regards
rich

Last edited:

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
that good to know!although i dont think id use the 6 speed box,so does that mean i could use a leon cupra r engine with an ibiza box?
idealy id like rear ended ibiza so i could put the mk3 front on,use the interia,dash and full wireing loom!but if i have t go the long way roundand buy it all speate then thats what ill have to do as i carnt find any ibiza's

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
ahhhh thanks again for that!im not to clued up on the turbos and engine cods at the min!im useing the net wile i have it(i have limeted time at the mo) to try do as much reserch as possible so i get what i want out of the engine 1st time so i dont have to do it all again and keep having to rip the engine out

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
will be good to see your build thread mate. I have plans for my 8v gti and am thinking either Vr6 or turbo conversion. I take it the mk4 golf 1.8t is the same as the cupra r turbo. Ive never been sure.

You just tend to see more smashed up mk4 golfs than mk3 ibiza turbos....

i am thinking all the bora, passat, golf, audi a3 1.8t are all the same.

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
yeah thats route i may have to take!but as i said idlike to use the front end off the ibiza and the wireing loom as its easyer that way!id love to drop the vr6 in but the subframe is wider than the ibiza but it is possible to drop it in!if a golf wireing loom,dash and seat fit in then i might do that! h17och has done what im wanting to do to his vario, and roly has also done the 1.8t conversion to 2 mk2's

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
its alot of work mate. dont expect to do it in a week or 2

you need to extend and work out all the wiring for the rear end of the loom

i have a full set of engine mounts and a full wiring loom which you will need

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
speak of the devil lol,yeah i though that about the wireing thats the only bit thats concerning me at the mo aswell as the differant engine codes and turbos!
i was hoping to get a full car and do it that way rather than buying it in bits and bobs from here and there!
so how hard was the wireing? and can i use the mounts of my car and the donnor?

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
its not that hard but takes a while. plus i like things to loom original so i spent lots of time making it perfect

engine codes makes no difference, just buy a 1.8t as long as its a traverse one.

turbos....just make sure its k03.k03s to save you cost and for ease

HoocH

you can use your original mounts but i mean the brakets that go from mounts to the engine

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
ok thanks for that!i may try and splice the 2 looms together at the rear! ill see whats eastist when i get it all apart!when i was reading bens thread it sound as though the mounts and brackets all line up?!but his was a gti mines and yours are not so do i need to build some?

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Mk4 Golf engine does fit. Ibiza_95 put one in his mk2 16v. The only thing is one of the bits on the engine (cant remember which off the top of my head) is the opposite way round so you would have to use the mk4 Golf piping to overcome that problem.

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
Mk4 Golf engine does fit. Ibiza_95 put one in his mk2 16v. The only thing is one of the bits on the engine (cant remember which off the top of my head) is the opposite way round so you would have to use the mk4 Golf piping to overcome that problem.

thanks thats good to know,do you know what pipeing it was?aslo what did he do as regards wiring loom?

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
pm sent ollie,i was looking to try get a full car but i may concider if at the right price!

also anyone have any ideas if the mk golf dash will fit?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.