The young sports car for the electric age - SEAT IBE concept car.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
IBE ALL-ELECTRIC CONCEPT DEBUTS AT GENEVA

main.php

SEAT is delivering a powerful statement with a compact sports coupé that carries stunning design and great driving fun into the age of electric mobility. The SEAT IBE concept car uses the zero-emissions drive of the future in a sporty and dynamic concept for urban mobility, while the clean, athletic styling of the IBE concept offers an exciting perspective on the ongoing development of the next generation of SEAT design.

Read more at SEATCupra.net...

Last edited by a moderator:

Art0ir

TDi Ho
Sep 21, 2009
Newry
Stick a 2.0 TFSI in it and maybe, what a waste of a fantastic looking car to stick an electric motor in it :(

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Stick a 2.0 TFSI in it and maybe, what a waste of a fantastic looking car to stick an electric motor in it :(

LOL, I love how short-sighted some people are on here. Try thinking outside the box, this is a concept car.

A concept car at what is the worlds largest automotive shin-dig with the worlds media watching. I think an electric motor actually will give SEAT more headlines than a carbon producing 2.0L petrol engine.

The most interesting aspect to take away from this concept, would be its setting the direction for SEAT in terms of their design and style. Yes they have green ambitions but show me a mainstream manufacturer who seriously can just ignore the 'green' question anymore.

All electric cars like this cost an absolute packet of money, £100k plus so its not something I can see that SEAT can justify building as a production car at this moment in time. Though they are working on twin drive hybrids.

Art0ir

TDi Ho
Sep 21, 2009
Newry
LOL, I love how short-sighted some people are on here. Try thinking outside the box, this is a concept car.

A concept car at what is the worlds largest automotive shin-dig with the worlds media watching. I think an electric motor actually will give SEAT more headlines than a carbon producing 2.0L petrol engine.

The most interesting aspect to take away from this concept, would be its setting the direction for SEAT in terms of their design and style. Yes they have green ambitions but show me a mainstream manufacturer who seriously can just ignore the 'green' question anymore.

All electric cars like this cost an absolute packet of money, £100k plus so its not something I can see that SEAT can justify building as a production car at this moment in time. Though they are working on twin drive hybrids.

I was having a laugh mate, no need for the insults chum :thumbd:

If I can refer you to the thread I just made in Off Topic, you can see how my concerns for the need for alternative fuel motors is very real, and far from "short-sighted"

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
Very S3!
Nice to see them not holding back and making a good show as a forward thinking company. Personally I cant see leccy cars working. extension leads plus the idea of letting a sparks service your car:no:
On the upside modding could be as simple as nicking the fuse out of the kettle/toaster.

Love the shape... almost like they have gone back to the MK1`s boxyness and built on it.

EmDee

Omnishambolic
Gorgeous! I agree with Alex, very Brera.

Nice to see SEAT trying to get some headlines, they've always had good concept cars. Not sure about the colour, looks like it's just about ready for paint, but I suppose it's better than the usual yellow, orange or flourescent green!

Fingers crossed it'll go into production with a twincharged V8.

:rock:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
If it goes into production, lets hope the lights stay the same!

Doubtful this concept will make production, some of the aspects of its design hopefully may find there way into future production cars, such as Leon and Ibiza.

Not a chance in hell of a production road car having lights like that, as running leds maybe but it wouldn't pass the safety regulations for legal lights.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Luc Donckerwolke did reveal to AutoCar that to make this design fit the Ibiza's current layout, it would only need to be approx 15cms taller and a bit wider tracked. ;) But they have no plans to turn it into a production car.

Then again they had no plans to turn the Bocanegra into a production car either, but the loud voices of approval got them to change their mind.

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
I know it's a concept car, but would be interested to see how those headlights work, if they're actually functional or not?

toovo1985

Really love this car...I would also say that it is ready to come off the production line, obviously not with the electric motor. This shows the future directions of Seat's design, and i like it!

Hope to see some of the features on future Seat's

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.