Thermostat?

alexsteele

Hi guys firstly thanks to the guys who replied on my last thread, it was a great help and i tracked it down to a boost leak from the intercooler as suggested on here.
Although im now on to the next issue with this cupra... a quite large leak from the thermostat, im guessing that its just best to replace the whole unit but thought a post on here was worth wile incase of any well known fix. thanks guys.

jamie_20vt

i did my thermostat before christmas and just make sure it comes with the seal (o-ring). could it be leaking from the pipe that goes on to the housing? if not think there about £25 from gsf. :)

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
prob a silly question but ive noticed my coolant going down and a puddle on the ground of anti freeze could that be my thermo and where is it located on the engine? cheers

Have a look for any dried pinkish resedue anywhere because this will be where coolant has leaked and dried.

wee_john 20vt

yellow ibiza 1.8 20vt
Jan 12, 2009
Falkirk, Central Scotland
Hey rite I now have a problem a big one I looked about for dryed in antifreeze and saw a little around the offside splash guard direct under the timing area but I gave up yesterday looking I then drove to work today and there was a slight rattle I had never heard before later on in the afternoon I saw there was another puddle of antifreeze under the o/s of the engine I then once again topped up my coolant and drove home 3miles away from work I heard the knocking again so decided to grab a torch and have a look and that's when a saw steam from the o/s rear corner and a good bit of coolant I took the timing cover off and it had splashes of coolant on it as you guys know it's a little tight to see exactly where it's cummin from any ideas thanks wee john :) sorry if there's typos I'm using ma I phone lol

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members