Things I have discovered about the car.

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Has anyone found it a bit tiring when someone says ' oh what car have you got? A Cupra Formentor, what's that? I don't mind explaining it though because I'm proud as punch of the car
I don't mind at all, going through the factory security they shout "erm the grey one".

Reactions: Peyton

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Other things discovered.
  • Global closing using key, the sunroof and the sunroof blind close.
  • Seatbelt clips on the rear outer seatbacks.
  • Reading lights in rear are also touch sensitive.
  • Only realised you can adjust the chassis control as well as the damper control.
  • Car seems quicker now on 2150miles.
  • Although the front fogs are round, the lens aperture is rectangle.
  • Front USB-C's for CarPlay. rear USB-C's for charging.
Yup, it's the small things.

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
Other things discovered.
  • Global closing using key, the sunroof and the sunroof blind close.
  • Seatbelt clips on the rear outer seatbacks.
  • Reading lights in rear are also touch sensitive.
  • Only realised you can adjust the chassis control as well as the damper control.
  • Car seems quicker now on 2150miles.
  • Although the front fogs are round, the lens aperture is rectangle.
  • Front USB-C's for CarPlay. rear USB-C's for charging.
Yup, it's the small things.
What does chassis control adjust??

Reactions: jcbmally

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
I'm interested to hear your experiences/ thoughts about the exhaust pops and bangs. I've driven my car pretty conservatively so far and am still under 200 miles. With videos showing the pops and bangs come around 3k revs I was interested to hear if any of you have experienced them? I'll be honest a couple of times I've strayed over 3k revs but only to about 3 1/2k and come back down but not noticed much noise.. when I've got some mileage under my belt I will have a bit more fun revving it in neutral

Reactions: jcbmally

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Yeah sorry I should have mentioned in sport/ cupra, I'm aware of the exhaust valves.

Car needs to be warm.

You need to "blip" the throttle to get it over 3-4000 and release quickly. It's not going to happen if you press and release smoothly. When I did it on a test drive, I could hear it but slightly muted due to sound insulation.

Reactions: Ricknffc

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
I know some people may think there is hassle with the speed parameters at 20-40-60-80-100 etc on UK spec. Don't know why with digital dials you don't have a choice in changing them to 30-50-70 etc as surely that would be easy... But anyway I thought I would share what I discovered today. On any dials you choose that have a tachometer for the speed there is a red line/ arrow that appears at the speed limit that the camera sensor picks up. ( In short in a 30mph zone you will see a red line/ arrow at 30mph to aid you with keeping to the speed limit).

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Is anyone else having difficulty in understanding how to operate the adaptive cruise control and the adaptive cruise control / distance setting from car in front/ lane assist. Been reading the manual last night and it appears a lot of the operations you have to do relate to the same couple of buttons but to different extents. If I properly studied I I think I could get the hang of it but for pure simplicity has anyone got any quick guidance on an idiot's guide on how to set it up and get it working?

Torks

Mar 15, 2021
Manchester
Is anyone else having difficulty in understanding how to operate the adaptive cruise control and the adaptive cruise control / distance setting from car in front/ lane assist. Been reading the manual last night and it appears a lot of the operations you have to do relate to the same couple of buttons but to different extents. If I properly studied I I think I could get the hang of it but for pure simplicity has anyone got any quick guidance on an idiot's guide on how to set it up and get it working?
I’ve just taken delivery of my V2 and struggling also. On the motorway it just slammed on?
im trying to work out if you can turn Lane assist and ACC off permanently, as it seems to reset each time you restart the car?

Torks

Mar 15, 2021
Manchester
Evening.

I’ve just taken delivery of my V2 and not a fan of Lane assist or ACC. Is there a way to switch it off? Seems to reset each time I start the ignition so have to go through the menus and turn off?
Any ideas?
Thanks

PaulC

Feb 18, 2021
Has anyone disabled the automatic locking which activates when driving. It mentions in the manual how to deactivate, but following this I don't seem to be able to find the correct settings menu.
Thanks

Zephyr

Just send it!
Dec 28, 2020
Madrid (SPAIN)
Not just a thing I've discovered about the car. Is a thing I miss on the car is the glass holder I've had on several VAG group cars instead the roof grab handle on the drivers position.

Anyone missed it too or I'm just an old coot and a weirdo?

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Not just a thing I've discovered about the car. Is a thing I miss on the car is the glass holder I've had on several VAG group cars instead the roof grab handle on the drivers position.

Anyone missed it too or I'm just an old coot and a weirdo?
You mean "glasses" holder? Like a small compartment to put your sunglasses in?

If you mean that, I missed it as well on my Leon. Not sure if it was missing in all cars or just those with panoramic sunroof.

Zephyr

Just send it!
Dec 28, 2020
Madrid (SPAIN)
You mean "glasses" holder? Like a small compartment to put your sunglasses in?

If you mean that, I missed it as well on my Leon. Not sure if it was missing in all cars or just those with panoramic sunroof.
Yep, that one. Discovered it on a Golf IV, Golf VI, Passat, had it on an Altea (this one with sunroof) and missing it badly. On Leon was a quick trip to parts department and ordering one... don't know why but sometimes came and others not is a handy and convenient way of storing sunglasses when you don't carry them (or a backup set of prescription glasses).

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
I've only just realised the rocker switch on the indicator stalk!!! Press that and you access your assist systems without having to go through infotainment! I didn't see it at all. Slight annoying thing is after fiddling with it it puts your digital cockpit into the 'night mode in the centre of the dash' so you have to toggle back through to the view you want

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.