Thinking of buying

Pink_Floyd

Hi all,

First post here :p

I am considering buying either an Ibiza FR or Cupra but I have a few questions that I have been unable to find good answers for.

What are the main differences between the two models and do they share the same engine? I have been scouting around and I am thinking that I should be able to find an FR on an 05 or 55 plate for around 5k, is this realistic?

Lastly are there any good threads to read about buying and common problems? Or indeed anything that you absolutely must make sure is done and correct on the car before buying?

Cheers

Pink_Floyd

It would be a petrol I think, but I would happily consider a diesel model as that is what I have had for the last while anyway.

joesmad4it

Cupra TD-aight!
Mar 11, 2008
Wickford - Essex
It would be a petrol I think, but I would happily consider a diesel model as that is what I have had for the last while anyway.

It depends on what you will be using it for in my opinion. I recently went for the cupra TDI as I use it for a long commute and it's VERY economical for a car which can also leave many others behind, although I'd watch out for your insurance premium as I massively under-estimated the rise of mine :cry:

If it's gonna be a weekend car however I'd go for the petrol FR as that would be more in your price range and is a very popular car (although I think your looking more at £6K to be honest)

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Depends on your miles,
Personally I'd go for the Diesel Cupra,
Lost of power, Lots of Torque.

If has the Front Mounted inter cooler, Nicer Styling and bigger brakes compared to the FR, Supposed to pull 160bhp at the flywheel from stock but normally post around 170bhp.

If your thinking of modifying in the future go straight for the cupra as everythings uprated on it, From a stage 2 remap you should be seeing 210+bhp at the flywheel and 320+ ft/lb of torque which is insanity and you'll still get pretty good MPG

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.