this boost guage is a good match for std dials

bigjode

Feb 25, 2006
Alot of people ask what guage matches std white dials in the Leon. Well this one from Halfords does, its made by autoguage, and has 7 selectable colour options. The red is a good match and it does remeber what colour was slected when you turn off the ignition.

It only cost £20 aswell.

I'm not a guage expert so cant comment on accuracy, but it does for me and doers match VAG com readouts too.

DSC00551Medium.jpg

DSC00550Medium.jpg

the red - looks identical to dash guages in real life, the pics jsut pick up the light differently.

DSC00552Medium.jpg

some other colours

DSC00554Medium.jpg

DSC00555Medium.jpg

DSC00557Medium.jpg

Jamie123

Nov 20, 2006
I still dont know about fitting one to my leon fr, dont exaclty know where to put them in the engine

bigjode

Feb 25, 2006
just tap it into the hose that comes from the top of the DV, with the supplied T=piece. Have a look at Pab's website - tells you everything you need to know.

dj_hektik

LEON 20VT FR
btw you can get a 45 degree fitting so the gauge can be installed perfectly straight. I got mine from EIP Tuning.

Also 42 DD make LED's specially designed for the VAG red and blue. I got the red and its a perfect match in my VDO Gauges.

The Gauge and LED together cost 20 quid and the gauges are made by the same manufacturer as the OEM gauge cluster, VDO Siemens.

have a look:

Gauges: http://www.42draftdesigns.com/vdo.htm
LED's: http://www.42draftdesigns.com/leds_hi.htm

bigjode

Feb 25, 2006
is it the angle or is the dial not centered in the housing - looks to me like its shifted down and to the right slightly? and whats that big screw at the 8-oclock?

no, its the dodgy nomad pillar, the gauge isn't sitting in it properly at all.

some velcro tape around the guage makes it a snug fit.

bigjode

Feb 25, 2006
Actually I see what you mean about it shifting, its the angle of the camera, from head on its centered.

The thing is the button to change the colours, its no a screw its just a "push" thing.

Why do you ned the 45 degree fitting? There is plenty of room at the pack of the pillar pod to have the boost tube curve around a bit

gazjones

any idea where to get the 42 draft design vdo gauge in england as that will look identicle at night and as close as possible in the day want the -30 to 25 boost gauge

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.