Throttle - Kick down function

Angelos

Jul 18, 2015
Hi Sorry another question, I have done my googling with no answers found. :(

I recently had a Seat Leon courtesy car as mine was at the dealers. Both cars are diesels and FR's, mine is the 150, the courtesy car I cant confirm, it didn't seem quicker.

Now I swear I had a biting point when pressing the throttle, especially if in ECO mode when you want to access all power and you push to the floor and bypass the biting point. The courtesy car did do this, since i have picked mine up which was yesterday I have noticed mine no longer seems to-do this or perhaps it never did...

Both are manual...

Any advice? :confused:

Thanks

Last edited:

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
Hi Sorry another question, I have done my googling with no answers found. :(

I recently had a Seat Leon courtesy car as mine was at the dealers. Both cars are diesels and FR's, mine is the 150, the courtesy car I cant confirm, it didn't seem quicker.

Now I swear I had a biting point when pressing the throttle, especially if in ECO mode when you want to access all power and you push to the floor and bypass the biting point. The courtesy car did do this, since i have picked mine up which was yesterday I have noticed mine no longer seems to-do this or perhaps it never did...

Any advice? :confused:

Thanks

Maybe if you google 'Kick down function' you might find something as that's what it's called in the manual

Angelos

Jul 18, 2015
Hi, I have searched under 'Kick down function' and have also checked the manual. Its not very clear.

Angelos

Jul 18, 2015
I did read the above thread. I don't seem to have a button under the pedal. On another note I thought the Seat Leon didn't have a speed limiter?

grenade

Jun 22, 2014
North East
It deffo gives me more power, tried a few comparisons pulling away foot all way through accelerator before the button and tried passing the button. Generally get a hell of wheel spin pulling away passed the button!

Angelos

Jul 18, 2015
I just don't seem to have a any kick down function, no biting point which I can push beyond and no button under the pedal? Do all FRs have this?

Angelos

Jul 18, 2015
This may sound daft but could you upload a picture so I can compare, I cant picture what it is I should be looking at. Thanks for all your answers.

grenade

Jun 22, 2014
North East
Looks normal, no actual button that you push the accelerator down to just the accelerator clicks if you take it past the end point

Angelos

Jul 18, 2015
I did think that (chuckles) why on earth did I think there was an actual button, what a plonker.

In that case mine just isn't working, I thought I was going mad but I do remember having a biting point which you pushed to gain more power, Seat had my cars for 4 days, when I jumped back into my car it just didn't seem rite, I started thinking if it was a newer feature I never had.....

zondaff

Mar 8, 2015
Surrey
What's the registration of the courtesy car? I've got an app which will tell you the model, power etc

andrew_myers

Aug 21, 2015
I had this on the test car and the dealer seemed clueless as to what it's for. Is it mentioned in the manual anywhere?

Angelos

Jul 18, 2015
Yes it is mentioned in the manual but its not very clear. When it was working and Eco mode for example was selected and you wanted that extra boost to overtake for example then you would push the peddle downwards past the kick down feature to gain more response and unleash full power.

ZONDAFF: The reg is HF65YCX (What's the app called?)

Thanks

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
My FR 184 definitely has this button. When you floor the accelerator, it gets to the end and then you push a bit harder and it clicks

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
Yes it is mentioned in the manual but its not very clear. When it was working and Eco mode for example was selected and you wanted that extra boost to overtake for example then you would push the peddle downwards past the kick down feature to gain more response and unleash full power.

ZONDAFF: The reg is HF65YCX (What's the app called?)

Thanks

7f5a48822b9f6125f9265965942c06f4.jpg

The app is called Mycar check

Aardvark

Apr 24, 2014
Leeds, Yorkshire
14 plate ST FR 184 here and yes , mine has kick down which only operate in ECO mode or in personal mode when you have the engine parameter set to ECO

Not available in Normal or Sport modes.

The Kick down feature allows 100% of power band availability

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
My 65 Plate ST FR 1.4 ACT manual works exactly the sames way as yours Aardvark, kickdown type function only works in ECO or if the engine is set to ECO mode on the individual setting.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise