Time Attack 2008

warren_cox

Back from the dead
The only VAG representation in the field. Steve Fitzpatrick in the ex Keith Murray Audi A4.

Now has a S4/RS4 2.7 Twin Turbo V6 in the engine bay. Still on K04's but plans for 600-700bhp next year!!!

I was just about to ask if any non Jap car / Elises there. Surprised if that ex-Dialynx car was there that Keith from Dialynx didn't go in his SWB Audi Quattro conversion as that is damn quick. Probably still not in the same league as some of the Jap exotica.

Are they allowed to use driver aid electronics, or is it all driving skill?

Last edited:

chungster

SCN Veteran
May 27, 2001
Bedfordshire, UK
Visit site
I was just about to ask if any non Jap car / Elises there. Surprised if that ex-Dialynx car was there that Keith from Dialynx didn't go in his SWB Audi Quattro conversion as that is damn quick. Probably still not in the same league as some of the Jap exotica.

Are they allowed to use driver aid electronics, or is it all driving skill?

There's a few non Japs. There's an AC Cobra, a TVR Tuscan, BMW M3, Sierra XR4x4, 911 GT3RS, Fiat Coupe Turbo and the Guglielmi Lotus with 1.8T powerplant.

Driver aids....well what ever the car comes with. Rules are rather relaxed. Don't think they want TC or LC really in this type of compo.

May 2, 2006
There's a few non Japs. There's an AC Cobra, a TVR Tuscan, BMW M3, Sierra XR4x4, 911 GT3RS, Fiat Coupe Turbo and the Guglielmi Lotus with 1.8T powerplant.

Driver aids....well what ever the car comes with. Rules are rather relaxed. Don't think they want TC or LC really in this type of compo.

why was the sierra even their?
every time i saw it it was litterally tootling everywhere, cars were literally flying past it all day, he wasnt even trying

could tell olly's impreza was one of the top contenders from the start , he was really pushing it from the start

first time he went past the first thing i said was "wow, their all fast, but that was a really fast one"

chungster

SCN Veteran
May 27, 2001
Bedfordshire, UK
Visit site
he's in club class anyway so as long as u pay and think u can be competitive then why not.

obviously he's got no chance against people like Kev H who's running over 500bhp.

But you know u gotta be in it to win it. Fair play to him. At Silverstone i couldn't believe a Saab 9-3 had entered!

Here's a pic of the Sierra lol

DSC_0655a.jpg

As for Olly..its all coming together for him now. Last year he learnt about track driving and the cars potential. This year he is just kicking butt big time. 3 wins on the trot, and TOTB in 3 weeks time should be pukka. Watch out the for Team Ice car..Haldor is back with his new toy!

chungster

SCN Veteran
May 27, 2001
Bedfordshire, UK
Visit site
The Penultimate round took place on sunday at a sunny Brands Hatch using the Indy Circuit.

Renault Clio racer Phil Glew took the win in the Zen Performance Impreza. 2nd was Steve Guglielmi in the Lotus Exige and 3rd was Olly Clark in the RCMS Impreza. Not on the top spot for once lol.

Making it 5 wins out of 5 was Kev Horsley in the Scoobyclinic Impreza. This means is the 2008 Club Challenge champion with 1 round to spare. He did however proceed to blowing up the engine tho. Just as well he got the fastest lap in beforehand.

2nd was Barry Rycroft in the DCY Evo, and 3rd was Sam Kerr in another Subaru Impreza.

Here's some pics from the day.

DSC_0717a.jpg

DSC_0718a.jpg

DSC_0294a.jpg

DSC_0224a.jpg

DSC_0225a.jpg

DSC_0289a.jpg

DSC_0293a.jpg

DSC_0151a.jpg

chungster

SCN Veteran
May 27, 2001
Bedfordshire, UK
Visit site
Nice pics of the Clio hitting the gravel!

Did you use a high shutted speed for those ones ?!?

LOL was it that obvious? Welcome back by the way Mr Jones.

Yes i did use high shutter speed...as I was having a mare of a day without my monopod :cry: (forgot to bring it!)

Still there's some ok'ish ones i suppose.

:)

I'm not sure if the Clio driver really understands the "It's not racing its Time Attack" theory....i mean there is no point in tail gaiting that M3!!! He did it to quite a few people...pointless. Then he went off!

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.