Time for more room in the glove box.

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Like most Leon owners, my glove box is virtually filled with a CD Autochanger.
I like the Autochanger, and do not wish to remove it or replace it, so i need to relocate it. The boot is the obvious place, but i doubt that the existing cable will reach that far, so does anyone know of a cable that will act as an extension between my Aura CD/Radio and the Autochanger?
All help and part numbers welcome. Recomendations to change head unit or changer, not so welcome. :p

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
from memory the cables are the same across the range so just find the cable from a golf / octy / ibiza etc with the changer in the boot and use that, lower spec leons also have a plastic cubby hole that replaces the changer in the glovebox but they are £30 from the dealers so have a hunt around the scrappies

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
The casing should be easy enough to source and fit, but the cable seems to be harder to trace. Anyone know where i might be able to find part numbers online?

joonspoon

175hp. 275lbs/ft.
Nov 18, 2006
Oxfordshire
You want the Alhambra changer cable, the ibiza one wouldn't be long enough for a leon

Personaly I reckon the cable for the Ibiza will fit.
When I had my changer in the boot the cable was at least 1.5 metres too long.
I had the extra cable coiled up under the rear seat.

Part number for the cable I used is 1J0 051 592A.
Only drawback is the price, about £35.00 with VAT!

Hope this helps,
Guy.

Last edited:

bizzaboy

You should find that pretty much any CD Autochanger cable should fit - as long as it's SEAT fitted units.

The actual connectivity between Head Unit/Autochanger should be standard across all of them - same plugs on both ends - even if the Stereo units are different models.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.