Tip tronic gear problem

nicbad

Hello there,
I noticed that when I drive my car using the tip tronic gear, it takes ages to shift down to the lower gear level; that's a bit annoying when you need to reduce the speed to avoid excessive use of the break. can anyone please advise? Thanks a lot

nicbad

OK I was not really asking what you had installed, more to use them in "manual" mode

Also "Sport" mode engine "brakes" more than "Auto" mode

sorry i misunderstood your reply; actually the thing is that when the rpm is high and i want to decelerate speed I only shift to minus "-" and the gears reduce from 5 to 4 to 3, etc... however when the car speed is slower and the rpm low, gear don't shift that easily. does it have to do with the rpm?

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
sorry i misunderstood your reply; actually the thing is that when the rpm is high and i want to decelerate speed I only shift to minus "-" and the gears reduce from 5 to 4 to 3, etc... however when the car speed is slower and the rpm low, gear don't shift that easily. does it have to do with the rpm?

Just keep changing down (i.e. flick/flick/flick), the car will not let itself over rev, perhaps that is what you are describing?

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
If by pushing + the engine would stall the gearbox will delay until the speed/revs are ok to go into that gear and not stall. on the flip side the gearbox will delay if you attempt to push - and select a gear that would make the engine over rev too

Maybe you need to keep an eye on the rev counter a bit.

nicbad

I checked again, when the rpm is below 3000, the gear won't shift down easily

nicbad

Sadly I would say you have a problem, mine changes up/down in all rev ranges unless the change would over rev the engine

Thanks man, I will seize the opportunity of my 5000 km to check-up soon, to ask my dealer about the issue. Hope they will resolve it. By the way I drove an Ibiza (old body) and tried its tip tronic gear, it rev easily whatever the car speed

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
Thanks man, I will seize the opportunity of my 5000 km to check-up soon, to ask my dealer about the issue. Hope they will resolve it. By the way I drove an Ibiza (old body) and tried its tip tronic gear, it rev easily whatever the car speed

Be interesting to know the outcome after you take it in etc.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members