Tiredness Recognition Warning function?

FRTSIman

Aug 2, 2013
My Leon has the factory-fitted option which includes the Tiredness Recognition warning function, but I've never seen the "Take a break" warning and there seems no way of checking if it really works. Has anyone else ever seen this message displayed and exactly how does it get activated? The few explanations of this function on various VAG websites seem to be very vague.

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
i think vw's tech glossary is probably the best explanation other than an owner giving direct feedback. apologies if you've already read this link
http://www.volkswagen.com.au/content/au/brand/en/technology_and_service/technical-glossary/fatigue-detection.html

edit: there's a .pdf explaining the whole research, evaluation and implementation of the system here if you want a read: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...esv19/05-0037-O.pdf+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

that's a cached link, at the top is a direct download complete with images and data charts​

Last edited:

Ocularis

Jan 2, 2015
Northampton
Came on once when we picked up the wifes Octavia, turned it (the system) off straight away... stupid thing. If you don't know yourself that you are too tired to drive, I cant see how a silly message to take a break will convince you.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Had it on a hire Golf I had recently. Came up a couple of times on a long run to Scotland, roads were empty, auto cruise on ( dsg box) . Waste of time imho.

Ocularis

Jan 2, 2015
Northampton
I read on another forum its just a VCDS change if you want it... so yeah, but its only £120 i guess ;) Looks like you just looked at the options list and say "yes, ill take one of everything" anyway so who cares :D gonna be a great car when it arrives.

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
took one look at the safety pack and thought .. i know when im tired and there's already a light on the dash to tell me when the front seatbelts aren't being used. so if the warning only covers passengers in the back who i rarely carry then i'll do without thanks :)

thefunkygibbon

Mk3 Leon Cupra 280
Jan 9, 2012
I read on another forum its just a VCDS change if you want it... so yeah, but its only £120 i guess ;) Looks like you just looked at the options list and say "yes, ill take one of everything" anyway so who cares :D gonna be a great car when it arrives.

Yeah I assumed it was just a setting . I think it must use the same tech as lane assist in as much as it recognises when you're not doing anything on the wheel and tells you.
Could be interested in how to enable it using vcds as I guess it could help with the resale of the car eventually.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.