To all my fellow Seat owners & (ab)users: hello!

GlekkeMatrak

Dec 22, 2020
Houtvenne, Belgium
Hey guys! Hope you're all fine, whereever you're from, in these challenging times! I have only registered to the community today, but have been visiting often before, to view some guides and interesting topics. I thought, hell, why not, I'll join in and maybe get to know some interesting fellows with some mad mods, ideas or experiences!

Me, I drive a 2015 Leon SC FR, with the 1.4TSI ACT, coupled to the DQ200 DSG. I bought the car new, back in March 2015. Still remember to this day what the salesman told me back then: "I don't believe I've ever sold one with that many options". Made me feel proud, but stupid at the same time. Let's face it... Panoramic roof? Weighs more than a normal roof and rattles after a while. "Leather" seats? A bit slippery if you ask me, but looks good though...

Anyhow, ever since day 1 I enjoy how the thing drives. The adaptive suspension works great, the engine is all happy on the pedal, and the steering feel is just as it should be, on a car like this.

After about 1800km, I cut off the original exhaust and fitted a Milltek resonated catback (
). To this day I keep enjoying the amazing sound it makes, AND the top end performance gain. You may or may not believe it, it DOES give it the extra punch in the higher RPM range.

Earlier this year, my fiancee ruined my two right wheels against a tall curb, when getting out of the way of a large truck which came across her lane in a turn. That problem was fixed rather soon, by fitting some BBS wheels in matt bronze.

Once those were fitted, I figured: "a painted caliper would look nice now wouldn't it?". So, Foliatec to the rescue and voilà, yellow calipers :). While I was at it, replaced pads and discs all around, and flushed the brake fluid as well, because that had been in there for over 2 years already.

My air intake, or at least the tubing between air box and turbo, is from MST-Performance (all silicone, billet aluminium mounting, no baffling), the filter is from K&N.

The DQ200 gearbox has been reprogrammed by TVS-engineering. Ever since, it shifts a tad quicker, feels more direct, and reacts better to a kickdown.

All that's left now, is an engine remap maybe? Is that still a good idea after 84500km?

20201130_165957.jpg

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Welcome to the site and thanks for signing up!

Car looks sweet. Keep us posted how it goes and feel free to set up a reader's ride thread.

Of course, never let the other half drive your car if you value your wheels! I learnt that lesson many years ago! :cautious: :(

Cheers,

Scott

Reactions: GlekkeMatrak
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise