To switch or not to switch from delayed hybrid VZ2 to in stock V2

benish7

Feb 15, 2022
I’ve had a VZ2 hybrid on order since November. It was originally meant to be built last week and delivered April/May.
I believe it’s now slated for a build slot in late May but will probably change again due to the supply issue for Ukraine. I don’t think I’ll see it this year having had a chat to a couple of dealers.

I’ve found a V2 1.5 DSG in stock elsewhere and been offered a price of £375 a month for it on a 3+35 lease.
The hybrid deal was 3+35 lease at £410 a month.

My work commute is a 24 mile round trip so would have worked well with a hybrid. I have a charger on the wall at home too.

What’s everyone’s real world average MPGs across the models?!

question is
Do I switch or not?!!!

Cuprakash

May 9, 2021
My long term mpg for my vz1 245 hybrid is 85 mpg.
Over the last 900 miles it's been 110 .

I'm still on the same tank fuel over the 900 miles as I recharge everytime my battery runs low and my daily miles is typically less than ,30 miles with a run of around 100 miles every few weeks to watch football with my son.

My pure ev miles range has gone from around 26 to 30 Noe the weather has warmed up.

I'd stick with your wait mate,you will save a lot of money with the hybrid with a daily commute of 24 miles even with electricity going up,it's a lot cheaper than petrol.

A final point...the vz2 or vz1 e-hybrids are a lot quicker than the non hybrid v1/2's especially in sport and cupra modes...you have a 100bhp electric motor on top of the 150bhp engine which makes for much quicker progress when required.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220323-202728.png
    Screenshot_20220323-202728.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Reactions: Tell and Drewy66

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
What’s the annual road tax on a hybrid?
does it fall into the luxury band?

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Marshalls Leicester had a unregistered VZ2 Hybrid in Asphalt Blue in stock at the beginning of March when I picked mine up (mine was one of the pair they had). It might be pre-registered by now though. They have other new cars in stock too (Formentors and others), but don't seem very good at advertising the fact.

benish7

Feb 15, 2022
My long term mpg for my vz1 245 hybrid is 85 mpg.
Over the last 900 miles it's been 110 .

I'm still on the same tank fuel over the 900 miles as I recharge everytime my battery runs low and my daily miles is typically less than ,30 miles with a run of around 100 miles every few weeks to watch football with my son.

My pure ev miles range has gone from around 26 to 30 Noe the weather has warmed up.

I'd stick with your wait mate,you will save a lot of money with the hybrid with a daily commute of 24 miles even with electricity going up,it's a lot cheaper than petrol.

A final point...the vz2 or vz1 e-hybrids are a lot quicker than the non hybrid v1/2's especially in sport and cupra modes...you have a 100bhp electric motor on top of the 150bhp engine which makes for much quicker progress when required.
That’s really good.
more of an ‘enthusiastic’ engine, VZ2 trim v V2 and lots of pennies saved on fuel…

But who who knows how long the wait could be. Maybe even next year. Currently dealers are saying new orders will take 46 weeks!

The V2 is mine in a few days if I want!!! My current lease ends in 2 months and it’s pure electric and I really need something that will get me further than 160 miles without needing to wait around and charge!

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
There are garages with new cars in stock, a bit of ringing around is all that’s needed. I found mine within one day of trying.

Theyre just not good at advertising new cars in stock as pre-COVID & chip delays there was no need, a car tended to be delivered to a customer order or was an unwanted, unsold car that they’re obliged to take and is either discounted when someone wants a red car but this one is blue or is pre-registered and sold as used.

Firaxis

Dec 24, 2018
What mpg are you averaging?
Well, personally I've never been all that bothered about a Formentor but I've had plenty of experience with the EA888. I owned a MK4 Cupra Leon 300, spent a few days with a Golf R (MK 8) and just ordered a Cupra Ateca 300 that I originally got as a loaner. It really depends on how you drive, for how long and what mix of driving you do..

Around town I got around 23 - 25MPG (if I was lucky), on a motorway I'd say nearly 38 so I tended to average around 30MPG. First couple of months it was more like 26 / 27 MPG.. The best I've managed on average with any EA888 is 34MPG. At current rates going by your mileage I'd probably expect a £250.00(ish) a month fuel bill.

On one hand they are great cars in terms of safety or performance which adds to safety and general fun. It'll definitely get you more than 160 miles without having to wait around and you won't be waiting a year for it.. On the other as said the fuel bill will be quite eye watering. Let me know how you get on :)..

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.