To trade in for newer Cupra or Keep & retrofit?

CupraDupra

Jul 7, 2021
Hi All,

I’ve got a Leon Cupra 290 2016 plate & have had it for over 2 years now & have loved it. It’s an amazing blue colour that I just love (that sounds so cliche saying that, but I do love the colour of it).

I’ve had a quote for retrofitting a digital dash, the required infotainment system for digital dash & reversing cam. I can’t decide wether to go ahead with the retrofitting or wether to use the money I’d use for all of that on a newer Lux spec 2019/2020 Leon cupra.

Just wondering what other Cupra owners thoughts are on this?

Cheers

QTom

Sep 22, 2017
What's the price difference? I'd assume it's cheaper to retrofit than to upgrade?

When I bought my Cupra (which doesn't have the digital dash) there was one with the digital dash available for about £3k more (also lower miles) but I decided the driving experience is going to be the same either way so I'd rather spend £3k on something else fun. My previous car was a Golf GTE which had the digital dash and it really makes sense on a hybrid car as you actually want to see different things depending on the mode, however I haven't really found myself missing it in the Cupra.

So personally I probably wouldn't bother either way just for a couple of features that won't really change the experience much. However if you're just looking for an excuse to upgrade and you're happy to spend the money I'd probably say go for the full upgrade ;)

Reactions: CupraDupra

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
My missus got a Leon a few months ago.
She could've got something a few years newer and with less mileage than the one she got.
But she wanted the Alor blue, and I fully agree with her choice.
It's not at all cliché, it's a wonderful colour and something you don't see very often, especially in Cupra form. Treasure it.

We'd both take a 16 plate Alor Blue over any 18/19 plate with a bit more tech.

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
I'd say better the devil you know - if you love the colour and it gives you all the performance you want, I'd retrofit tbh. You know the car, you know it's history - why swap for an unknown in a colour you don't want?

Unless you're after something that can't be fitted, like manual to DSG, 4drive or the panoramic roof, I'd give @East Yorkshire Retrofits a tinkle

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
Keep it.

The tech in the new one is terrible. I have a friend with one and he's got A4 pages of infotainment issues - bugs, freezing, wrong things etc.
Everyone also hates the touch controls for heaters etc.

I'd say better the devil you know - if you love the colour and it gives you all the performance you want, I'd retrofit tbh. You know the car, you know it's history - why swap for an unknown in a colour you don't want?

Unless you're after something that can't be fitted, like manual to DSG, 4drive or the panoramic roof, I'd give @East Yorkshire Retrofits a tinkle
Manual to DSG is possible with enough money (lots and lots), 4 drive is possible with a little less money & a panoramic roof can be properly retrofitted for around £1500 👀👀

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Keep it.

The tech in the new one is terrible. I have a friend with one and he's got A4 pages of infotainment issues - bugs, freezing, wrong things etc.
Everyone also hates the touch controls for heaters etc.
He's talking about the the facelift Mk3 not the newer Mk4 :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.