Toledo FR Line UK?

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
I hope not.

Ever since I bought my SE (with ever so slightly dull interior) they keep bringing special editions out with nicer seats, plain black insides instead of 2 tone and extra goodies.

I feel jealous and I can't afford to replace mine for years yet.

Seriously I like the FR-line but why no real FR edition with more poke?

I'll just have to make do with my (FR-badged) SE and have it chipped as soon as I can afford it.

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
http://www.seat.com/carworlds/toledo/overview.html

Looks like there are a few extra cars including FR Line but nothing for Uk so far which is a shame hopefully soon, The FR Line sounds nice :)

Cannot wait until next year when I start looking at a new car Torn between Leon FR 1.4 or New Toledo Style Advance (Or Fr Line if out then) I love the large boot and general style of the Toledo's

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
I so wanted a Leon FR, but it was way out of budget, certainly nowhere near the 12-13k for a Toledo.

Anyway the FR badges on my Toledo only cost about £6 each ;)

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
I so wanted a Leon FR, but it was way out of budget, certainly nowhere near the 12-13k for a Toledo.

Anyway the FR badges on my Toledo only cost about £6 each ;)
Haha just add badges not bad idea. Shame the prices on MY16 cars have jumped. But still few grand cheaper than Leon as lovely as they are lol.
But I'll take a style advance with few extras

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Its not in the same league as a Leon TBH, the Toledo is certainly worth 5k less than the modern car.

Still it does look good for the money.

The Toledo still isn't going to sell you know - those MY16 cars will be pre-reg cheapies before you know it. :)

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
Its not in the same league as a Leon TBH, the Toledo is certainly worth 5k less than the modern car.

Still it does look good for the money.

The Toledo still isn't going to sell you know - those MY16 cars will be pre-reg cheapies before you know it. :)
Yes they will lol. I'll be looking in new year so hopefully a few prereg ones will be available.

Least the new toledo has same media system as Leon and can get full LED headlights.

The Leon is a beautiful car but think toledo is better value for money ect

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
LED lamps are normally free on the leon (technology pack included)

£1000 ish on the Trolley-do - never seen one on sale in the UK with the Leds and they've been available since mid '14.

One's based on a Golf Mark 7 and the other is a Polo / Golf Mark 4 hybrid.

I love my Toledo, but its old-fashioned, narrow, and not a patch on the Leon in any department.

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
I happen to love the toledo.
But if I spec what I want from the builder on website the Leon is 25k and toledo is 19 so for only being 25 that's more attractive lol esp when I can pick up a prereg one next year.
Main downside to toledo engines is no dsg apart from on the SE and it's a poor engine anyway. And even If you did there was no paddle shift option.
The LED lights are truly amazing. The light spread is extreme and better than the bi xenon out there.

Yes the Leon is a better build car but the toledo has almost just as many toys now with it has the same media system as the current Leon

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
You don't even have to get a pre-reg.

Mine was ordered to my chosen spec at a main dealer, 4k discount off RRP, and delivered inside 2 weeks.

I had the cheapest prices from every UK dealer website in my pocket, Genuine phone quotes from the 2 cheapest in the country, and my local(ish) Seat garage price matched without argument.

Oh and the cash price I worked from was the lowest quoted on each website - supposedly the PCP only base price.

Go for it - see how much discount you can get.

I know if I'd waited a few months, I could probably have got a pre-reg 500-1000 cheaper but I wanted it now - it's so good looking in Bila White on 17's

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
What's sites did you use for getting quotes.
I understand some will need to be by phone ect but doing around does work

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
I did this

1. Google "40 biggest Motor dealers" or similar (Uk sites only) (big dealers - big discounts)
2. Look at each and find all those who flog SEATs
3. Check all the SEAT special offers out
4. Make a list of the cheapest ones and phone to confirm prices
5. Go to local dealer pre armed and make a deal.

So I went to Pentagon to buy a 16.5k car but only willing to pay 12.6k for it, based on phone quotes from Vertu/BSM and Arnold Clark. Pentagon had them online for a PCP price of just over 13, but I got the price-match for cash and ordered one there and then :)

It's possible that online brokers will offer lower prices, but I couldn't be bothered waiting ages for delivery when they were only, at the time, £300 less at best and I didn't want to possibly get lumbered with something older spec out of stock.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise