torque limiter?

flashbsd

Is there a way to get a torque limit put in 1st gear? One remapped i'm going to struggle to put the power down without any wider tyres etc.

I've heard jabba can do this, can anybody else?

May 25, 2004
Newport, South Wales
Best person to speak to would be Shock_Xe. I'm sure he's had this installed.
But yeah, I would of thought so. The ibizas is just shite, no control really, just cuts all power..

flashbsd

idont know anybody who can stop the wheels spinning in first and still get some power down without changing, it would be nice to have something on there to minimize spin in 1st.

If i get one, ill run on the pod against somebody with better foot control in 1st and see who pulsl off quicker !

Cupra_Jeff

Mar 8, 2005
Kent
flashbsd said:
idont know anybody who can stop the wheels spinning in first and still get some power down without changing, it would be nice to have something on there to minimize spin in 1st.

If i get one, ill run on the pod against somebody with better foot control in 1st and see who pulsl off quicker !

how about not flooring it and save yourself £1000

flashbsd

thanks bazzer ;) , ill have a word with them about the s3 kit, might be a good idea.

I know how to control the car, just would like to not have to plan ahead how much spin im going to get to begin with, axle tramp isnt good for the car

Cupra_Jeff

Mar 8, 2005
Kent
flashbsd said:
thanks bazzer ;) , ill have a word with them about the s3 kit, might be a good idea.

I know how to control the car, just would like to not have to plan ahead how much spin im going to get to begin with, axle tramp isnt good for the car

you only get axle tramp in powerful RWD cars with live rear axles or leaf springs.....

flashbsd

:doh: i knew what i meant! just movement on the driveshaft where the tyres are scrabbligng grip

Say one thing, mean another day here!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members