Torque settings for engine mount

Punch IT!

you fool!
Jun 22, 2007
west london
Hi Guys and girls, just a quick question if any one can help. i recently had my powerflex mount fitted and i know for a fact the guy who fitted it didnt know how tight to tighten the bolts will this affect any thing with this mod??:shrug:

Cupraloon

http://www.neuspeed.com/data/installs/22.10.89.pdf

the above link should point you in the right direction....

What you might find is if it's not torqued correctly, you might get excessive vibration, it's a really simple D.I.Y job to fit the dog bone mount about 30 minutes, just need some ramps, and a decent socket set.

Punch IT!

you fool!
Jun 22, 2007
west london
Hi thanks for replying but its already fitted and i have not got these torque ratchets to do it my self or jacks for that matter. Do you think i should take her back to the garage and get em to correct the settings??

Cupraloon

I guess it all depends on who did the job and how confident you are in thier ability to guess torque settings..

but if you've done the job, then you're the best person to judge when installing things, but if you've left it to someone else it's obviously much harder to judge, if they are an experienced mechanic then it's probably ok.

It's a bit hard to say not having driven your car, but if you have excessive vibration at tickover, or driving along then probably yes, it might need re-doing.

The D/B mount does give a little more vibration than the stock mount cos it's a fair bit stiffer, but if it feels a lot more it probably needs resetting/ torqueing up properly.

When i did mine i didn't torque the centre bolt, but did torque the 4 mounting bolts, and there is minimal vibration once on the move, but there is a litle more than standard or tickover when reving the engine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Punch IT!

you fool!
Jun 22, 2007
west london
yeah on stand still my revs are up and down checked on the climate control they rev up from 6.6 to 7.2 and so on when warm engine. Vibration is low but a little more than b4. When i drive off i can feel more of a harshness but once driving its ok. its at biting point where its the rough as hell. Is this normal?

Cupraloon

As i said before it's a bit hard to say not having driven your car, but mine isn't excessivily rough when getting to the biting point, on pull away.

It might just as well to take it back and mention this roughness at pull away.

Punch IT!

you fool!
Jun 22, 2007
west london
i know i should but i dont want to take the piss as it was done at my brothers work place. Hes a car sales man for Suzuki. I guess i will see if it wears in and gets better if not back to the garage for correct torque setting. Thank you cupra loon for the help your cool.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.