st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
ok errrr.

my sockets inside the boot and i did it like this

1. Remove all boot trims and fold the carpet back
2. Remove rear lights and push the wires back inside the car
3. Cut the outer black casing off the wires so you have enough to reach each rear light
4. I then feed the wires through the rear pannel (6 to the n/s then 1 to the o/s for the o/s rear light)
5. Mount the relay in the n/s 1/4 with the rest of the plugs fo rthe cars
6. Extend the wire from the relay through the rear panel to the o/s indicator and splice into the rear light loom
7. Hook up the o/s rear light
8. I then hooked up the other wires to the relay
9. I then hooked up the rear lights, brake lights
10. i used the earthing point where the main vehicle wiring earths on the n/s (just put ring terminals on the wires)
11. pop the panel onn of the upper boot trim and work out which wire is the fog light and take note of the colour
12. now go back inside the n/s rear 1/4 follow the tailgate loom and find the same wire on the conectors
13. splice the rear fog in
14. replace all the carpets and trims

sounds alot more complicated then it actually is.

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
mine does not have reverse lights either. i got a little relay thingy with my kit from tow equipe (smallish black rectangle thingy with wires coming from it)

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
yep then run 5 wires to the n/s and the 2 for the o/s indicator and rear light to the o/s

i soldered all mine as i dont like scotch locks.

dErZ

Jan 29, 2008
Surrey
That relay thing was for cars with that car bus thingy(knows when the bulbs are blown) I sent mine back..

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
That relay thing was for cars with that car bus thingy(knows when the bulbs are blown) I sent mine back..

it wasnt the additional 7 pin relay for all the lights for the can bus, this was the one that was purley for the indicators

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
The only thing normally with taging extra lights (loads) on to the existing circuits, is that it can affect the repetition rate of the indicators. That is when in making a "fits all" electric towing kit, its normal to include a double relay module so that the extra load on the indicator circuit is reduced down to next to nothing - ie a coil winding instead of an extra bulb. For Passat B5for instance, a different indicator assembly is available to handle the extra load without altering the flashing rate - which is defined by the DOT or MOT people.

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
The only thing normally with taging extra lights (loads) on to the existing circuits, is that it can affect the repetition rate of the indicators. That is when in making a "fits all" electric towing kit, its normal to include a double relay module so that the extra load on the indicator circuit is reduced down to next to nothing - ie a coil winding instead of an extra bulb. For Passat B5for instance, a different indicator assembly is available to handle the extra load without altering the flashing rate - which is defined by the DOT or MOT people.

i take it this is what the little relay thingy does that i installed:confused:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members