TPMS Reset

Cliffie

Sorry guys, I have searched and still not found the answer.

I don't have the handbook so am a little lost.

Fitted new tyres at the weekend and the TPMS light has come on. Pressures are OK and I want to reset the light but have no idea where to start, please help.

Jan 31, 2012
Sheffield
You need your ignition on car not running press and hold the button and wait for the beep

Look near gear stick has the same symbol on button

DerbyForget

Apr 1, 2012
Burton on Trent, Staffs
centre console next to the handbrake... you know where the 12v socket is? there is a little button with a picture of a tyre and and explanation mark i believe. havent used it for a while cant quite remmeber. but hold it down for a few seconds say around 5 or so and it will reset the values and turn off your annoying dash light

EDIT : it works with your car running too

Last edited:

Deleted member 74601

Obviously, make sure your tyres are at the correct pressure. Tyre changing places just bang about 33psi in because they think it's about right, in this car, it isn't.

Petrol station is always my first stop after a tyre place

Cliffie

So what is the suggested pressures, I stick at about 29psi

Deleted member 74601

a good tyre place/ garage will ask you what pressures you want in them. i have 32psi at the front and 30 at the back but if i have a full car knock the rears up to 36psi :)

I believe recommended tyre pressures for a light car is 36 front, 39 rear

For a full car I think it's 39 front 41 rear. That's just going from memory though. That's in my diesel, so may be a bit lower in a petrol.

Last edited by a moderator:

DerbyForget

Apr 1, 2012
Burton on Trent, Staffs
recommended tyre pressures differ from vehicle to vehicle and is dependent on the tyre, wheel size, load etc. ive always had 32 on the front and 30 on the rear and never had any problems with regards to fuel economy or tyre wear. not sure what you mean by the term 'light car' as this is not a recognized catergory - unless you are refering to a private or light goods vehicle?

EDIT :- Here are the recommended tyre pressures for my car, or any other mkII Leon FR TDI for that matter :-

Tyre Pressure results for the following Car:

Make: SEAT

Model: LEON

Spec: 5 DOOR HATCHBACK - 6 SPEED MANUAL - DIESEL

Trim: TDI FR

Engine: 1968

Introduced: 06 MAY

We have found 1 tyre size that matches this vehicle.

Tyre Pressures, for this vehicle, are as follows:
Front Tyres
2.2 BAR / 32 PSI

Rear Tyres
2.0 BAR/ 29PSI

so it would seem im 1 psi too high on the rear, i wont lose sleep over this :)

Last edited:

Cougar

Jul 10, 2011
Always been 32/29 - as it says on the filler cap! :p

Though it was 36/29 in the Boc! :O

Deleted member 74601

recommended tyre pressures differ from vehicle to vehicle and is dependent on the tyre, wheel size, load etc. ive always had 32 on the front and 30 on the rear and never had any problems with regards to fuel economy or tyre wear. not sure what you mean by the term 'light car' as this is not a recognized catergory - unless you are refering to a private or light goods vehicle?

EDIT :- Here are the recommended tyre pressures for my car, or any other mkII Leon FR TDI for that matter :-

Tyre Pressure results for the following Car:

Make: SEAT

Model: LEON

Spec: 5 DOOR HATCHBACK - 6 SPEED MANUAL - DIESEL

Trim: TDI FR

Engine: 1968

Introduced: 06 MAY

We have found 1 tyre size that matches this vehicle.

Tyre Pressures, for this vehicle, are as follows:
Front Tyres
2.2 BAR / 32 PSI

Rear Tyres
2.0 BAR/ 29PSI

so it would seem im 1 psi too high on the rear, i wont lose sleep over this :)

I know they differ from vehicle to vehicle, when I said light car, I meant when you're driving with hardly anything in it, i.e yourself and a passenger. When I said heavy car, I meant, for example, with a full boot, or 5 passengers (although lets face it, no one is going to change it for the sake of a journey. I have my boot full all the time so they stay on higher recommended pressures).

It's also not true for ANY other MkII TDI FR, as you have the Pre-FL (according to your sig) you will have a PD engine, they might be different for those with a CR engine :)

As I said, best to always check the fuel filler cap :). I actually run my PSI's slightly higher than the recommended for economy anyway (only about 2/3 PSI)

Last edited by a moderator: