Track Days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 4, 2019
Had my MY19 Cupra 290 now since the end of May and looking at potentially doing some casual track days,

Does anyone else have experience of using a Stock car on track, I've done a few IAM Track days before with other cars at Thruxton and a few laps of the Nordschleife in rentals as well as my fathers car but definitely don't claim to be the a driving god or anything however I'm not going to drive around at some insanely slow speed but won't be trying to slide every corner either.

Would the Stock Tires(Continental 5P I think) and brakes handle a track day given breaks etc to cool down or is it not even worth bothering till i've got something better and made some changes to the brakes?

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Did my first track day in my FR a few weeks ago, it was awesome. I entered the novice group to drive with drivers of similar skill. My car has a few mods, nothing major and it's a 1.4 so a cupra should smash it.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Stock Cupra brakes will be ok for a track day, I've been round Mallory Park with Jordi Gene pushing a Cupra hard and the brakes were fine, however Mugello circuit with SEAT Eurocup driver and the brakes were ****** after about 12 laps including the calipers fading to pink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members