Traffic Light Camera

j.owen

Aug 30, 2015
St. Helens
Hi guys, I know this isn't Leon or even Seat specific and I apologise but I'm looking for a quick answer so I can put my mind at ease and you guys tend to be a relatively reliable source of information.

Basically, at around 12:30AM last night I was driving through Manchester City Centre and it is a 20mph zone, I was travelling at approx 10-15mph and approached a set of traffic lights with traffic light cameras on it (see photo). I was behind a couple of cars and as the lights turned green I drove across the junction (still below 20mph), however two taxi's pulled out in front of me and I was stuck half on the opposite side of the yellow lines/box and half in it (my front wheels where on the otherside of the junction, and my back wheels where in the yellow lines/box (see photo). I kept my eye on the traffic light camera and it lit up like the photo below, would this be at me? I looked in my wing mirror and noticed there was a taxi driver right in the middle of it going the opposite way, so could it be him going through a red light or someone else for example?

Essentially, I did go past the white line when the light was on green, below the speed limit and crossed the junction yet had to stop just before fully crossing. Also, I can't say with certainty but I'm pretty sure the light was still on green too when I did eventually move fully across - It's just the way the camera lit up that's got me anxious.

Thanks in advance for any insight - I apologise again for this being completely irrelevant but I'm just worried!

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
From Experience the traffic light camera's are set up to detect a vehicle crossing the white line whilst the light is red. by stopping in the yellow junction box that is an offence but doubt the camera will pick that us as you are not moving.

I think you should be safe but you will know in 5-7 days if you receive anything

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.