Travel & Emergency Assist Errors

• Thread starter Deleted member 135216
  • Start date

Monsi

Dec 11, 2023
Dijon, France
Starting to have same issue for about 10 days now...
Also only when turning the steering wheel (usually when I steer hard).
Might go to the dealer but but I'm not expecting much unfortunately.
So sad we can't just disable this...

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
I've given up with all my theories, it's either fine for a couple of weeks (thought was related to 12v battery SoC), pings once at startup and remains off all journey, or is pinging constantly as it engages and almost immediately disengages (thought related to phone signal).

Calling the dealer tomorrow for a no doubt extended faff about while they a.) try to confirm it (where it will no doubt go into two weeks perfect behaviour) and then b.) fix it.

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
I've given up with all my theories, it's either fine for a couple of weeks (thought was related to 12v battery SoC), pings once at startup and remains off all journey, or is pinging constantly as it engages and almost immediately disengages (thought related to phone signal).

Calling the dealer tomorrow for a no doubt extended faff about while they a.) try to confirm it (where it will no doubt go into two weeks perfect behaviour) and then b.) fix it.
As per most others with the same a problem, a new steering wheel is required. However, they’re on back order, probably due to the volume required so who knows when it’ll be available.

In other news, after parking the car in torrential rain the other night, when I drove off the following morning there was a louder ping than normal as I drove away as the rear pads released from being stuck to the (corroding) discs and a subsequent knocking noise when the rear near side brake engaged at lower speeds.

The Dealer Tech (in the vehicle health video they send you) noticed the rusty discs and recommended, to prevent the discs corroding, to knock the gearbox into neutral and then braking to engage the rear brakes fully as the car won’t regenerate in neutral.

The good news is a new rear pad is available (with different pad material) to presumably prevent the pads sticking to the disc, which will be fitted under warranty when the replacement steering wheel arrives.

Monsi

Dec 11, 2023
Dijon, France
Starting to have same issue for about 10 days now...
Also only when turning the steering wheel (usually when I steer hard).
Might go to the dealer but but I'm not expecting much unfortunately.
So sad we can't just disable this...
Update : Got the car since december and as I said I only encountered the problem since early February, which is when I started to use heated steering wheel.
I discovered that I've never had the problem again if I don't turn on the heated steering wheel.

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Update : Got the car since december and as I said I only encountered the problem since early February, which is when I started to use heated steering wheel.
I discovered that I've never had the problem again if I don't turn on the heated steering wheel.
If your car's still in warranty I'd get the steering wheel replaced, otherwise if you leave it and it degrades to failing without the heated steering wheel being on, you wouldn't want to pay yourself!

Reactions: Tell
Mar 28, 2023
This is happening to me more and more over the last few months. At first I thought it was a problem with the sensors and bad weather. But recently the weather has been bright. Even after cleaning the car and all the sensors the problem is still there. It even sometimes comes on when I first start the car immediately I get the beeps and yellow warning lights. It happens multiple times on a journey also. It is getting very frustrating. Has anybody who has had a steering wheel replacement seen this issue solved?

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
This is happening to me more and more over the last few months. At first I thought it was a problem with the sensors and bad weather. But recently the weather has been bright. Even after cleaning the car and all the sensors the problem is still there. It even sometimes comes on when I first start the car immediately I get the beeps and yellow warning lights. It happens multiple times on a journey also. It is getting very frustrating. Has anybody who has had a steering wheel replacement seen this issue solved?

Yes, wheel replaced last Friday - no more errors (touch wood).

Reactions: Daveylad68
Mar 28, 2023
Just thought I’d update the thread. I am having the steering wheel replaced next Friday so I shall post again once I have had time to test whether it solves the issue.

Monsi

Dec 11, 2023
Dijon, France
If your car's still in warranty I'd get the steering wheel replaced, otherwise if you leave it and it degrades to failing without the heated steering wheel being on, you wouldn't want to pay yourself!
My car is no longer under warranty, otherwise I would have ask for a replacement indeed.
But in fact, steering wheel repalcement is a temporary fix. The problem come back after several months...
This is so sad that only Skoda has offered a software fix at the moment.

Mar 28, 2023
Have had a new steering wheel now for about 2 weeks and up to now have had no more issues with travel assist errors etc. Fingers crossed it has solved the issue.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.