Travel & Emergency Assist Errors

• Thread starter Deleted member 135216
  • Start date

Deleted member 135216

Hi all,

Has anyone ever had Travel Assist & Emergency Assist errors come on all the time, multiple times a journey?

Becoming really annoying now with all the beeps. Started a few days ago and won’t go away. Comes on when I turn on the car, then will disappear for 30 seconds before coming back on and beeping. This is a constant cycle 😅 Sensors are all clean, this comes after a gearbox fault last Friday too.

Cars booked in at the dealers for the 30th but is there a way to atleast turn it all off until then? Getting sick of it 😅

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 4EF62A1A-8456-4194-AD4F-EE9C1D099080.jpeg
    4EF62A1A-8456-4194-AD4F-EE9C1D099080.jpeg
    193 KB · Views: 376

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
I think this happens when the car loses the phone signal for the internal SIM and seems unable to regain it but then everything else goes nuts as well, SatNav, etc.

I understand there's a fix available for it, there are other threads covering the issue.

Deleted member 135216

I think this happens when the car loses the phone signal for the internal SIM and seems unable to regain it but then everything else goes nuts as well, SatNav, etc.

I understand there's a fix available for it, there are other threads covering the issue.
Thanks for the reply. It’s super strange cause Sat Nav is fine, and has started doing it everywhere. Work, house, etc where it’s been fine previously. Was meant to do a few long distance trips but avoiding at the moment cause the beeping is driving me mad 🤣

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I can't find the thread right now but there is a thread where one guy started an assist call using the overhead button.
Then instantly cancelled it.
That seemed to stop his beeping at him.

Tell

Staff member
Deano's is a temporary fix Seat now have the proper fix that @East Yorkshire Retrofits will tell you about. Hmmm suppose to say Cupra, old school here 🤣. It's a well known issue with the emergency box playing up across the VAG group. They either changed the electronics or reprogram it. Our good friends will tell you what is needed. It is also on the thread.

Keyword "telematics" just remembered It's name 🙄.

A search should do the trick:

Last edited:

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
My car had the SOS update a couple of weeks ago during its first service and it'd been fine since driving in areas where it would previously have lost the signal.

Reactions: Tell

Zoidberg

Apr 20, 2021
Denmark
Did you get this problem solved?

I have had the same issue with my Leon for the past few weeks. Not the classic SOS error, but constant warnings from front assist and lane assist, often also road sign recognition, side assist, exit assist and start/stop. I wonder if this could also be the telematics unit?

When I first took it to the dealer they concluded that it was related to my broken rear view camera, but I'm 99% sure that is not the issue.

I have the car booked in for the 10th, but the service rep seemed rather clueless, so it would be nice to have something specific to bring up.

Jan 23, 2023
My car started from november to show the same errors. They appear and dissapear in seconds, being very dificult to concentrate on driving.

I can have days or weeks until they appear again. I initially thoght that maybe the windshield is not clean or other sensors but it hapenes also after a complete cleaning.

In my case they appear more while driving in cities or outside on roads with curves. In fact the errors seem to appear while rotating the steering wheel. On motorway it did not happened until now ( probably the moves are not so sudden like in cities). The errors dissapear while driving. If the error has appeared an i stop, they remain whyle stoped.

I saw on vw mk8 formum the same issue appeared and in the case of that person it was solved by changing the steering wheel.

How was it solved in your case?

Links to other forums with the same issue:

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20230123-095737.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230123-095737.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 210
  • VideoCapture_20230123-095912.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230123-095912.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 241
  • VideoCapture_20230123-095903.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230123-095903.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Jan 23, 2023
Hi all,

Has anyone ever had Travel Assist & Emergency Assist errors come on all the time, multiple times a journey?

Becoming really annoying now with all the beeps. Started a few days ago and won’t go away. Comes on when I turn on the car, then will disappear for 30 seconds before coming back on and beeping. This is a constant cycle 😅 Sensors are all clean, this comes after a gearbox fault last Friday too.

Cars booked in at the dealers for the 30th but is there a way to atleast turn it all off until then? Getting sick of it 😅

Thanks in advance
Have you solved it? How?

Kingskullz

Oct 23, 2022
Hi all,

Thanks in advance
A friend of mine has this problem with his Golf 8(technically the same car electronically and somewhat mechanically wise). He went back and forth with the dealer for a good 2 months. Turns out they could not fix it and they ordered a whole new steering wheel electronic system from germany... He's lucky it was still under warranty.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
A friend of mine has this problem with his Golf 8(technically the same car electronically and somewhat mechanically wise). He went back and forth with the dealer for a good 2 months. Turns out they could not fix it and they ordered a whole new steering wheel electronic system from germany... He's lucky it was still under warranty.
I seem to remember reading on another forum (think it was a Golf forum) of some cars having the replacement steering wheel needing another new steering wheel at a later date. So if that becomes necessary out of warranty - along with fixing some of the other persistent software-related issues that are (or have been) affecting the current generation Leon and other technically the same VAG cars - that could become very expensive for owners who are thinking of keeping their cars longer term.

Buying a good, comprehensive extended warranty seems like a very good idea when the original factory warranty expires.

Kingskullz

Oct 23, 2022
I seem to remember reading on another forum (think it was a Golf forum) of some cars having the replacement steering wheel needing another new steering wheel at a later date. So if that becomes necessary out of warranty - along with fixing some of the other persistent software-related issues that are (or have been) affecting the current generation Leon and other technically the same VAG cars - that could become very expensive for owners who are thinking of keeping their cars longer term.

Buying a good, comprehensive extended warranty seems like a very good idea when the original factory warranty expires.
Overengineered German crap....

Apr 18, 2022
My car started from november to show the same errors. They appear and dissapear in seconds, being very dificult to concentrate on driving.

I can have days or weeks until they appear again. I initially thoght that maybe the windshield is not clean or other sensors but it hapenes also after a complete cleaning.

In my case they appear more while driving in cities or outside on roads with curves. In fact the errors seem to appear while rotating the steering wheel. On motorway it did not happened until now ( probably the moves are not so sudden like in cities). The errors dissapear while driving. If the error has appeared an i stop, they remain whyle stoped.

I saw on vw mk8 formum the same issue appeared and in the case of that person it was solved by changing the steering wheel.

How was it solved in your case?

Links to other forums with the same issue:

Did you get your issue fixed?
I have the exact same problem. When I turn the wheel, the error appears. But not always.

Jan 23, 2023
Yes. I do not have the issue as the Steering wheel was replaced entirely. It seems Cupra told to all services to replace steering wheels when this kind of errors appear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tell
Jan 13, 2024
Yes. I do not have the issue as the Steering wheel was replaced entirely. It seems Cupra told to all services to replace steering wheels when this kind of errors appear.
Iv had this issues for a while and they are replacing a part on the steering wheel.. after they tried several updates.. 😒

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
I've found these errors are related to the low voltage of the 12v battery, caused in my case by the repeated logins to the Cupra app by Octopus Intelligent to start and stop the charging overnight. Also prevents access to the car via the app for turning on the heating / screen clearing.

Jan 30, 2024
I've had this issue for a couple of months now, but it's getting worse. It does indeed seem to occur mostly when turning the wheel.
I took the car to the dealer last week and they also claimed I would need a new steering wheel (€1000) but won't give any warranty that it will fix the issue. So I'm a bit hesitant about getting this done.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.