trouble starting my cupra

andy180

hi all wonder if anybody can help me as im fairly new to the cupra scene, ive owned my mk3 cupra for 4 months now and most of the time all is good ad i love it but every now and then the EML will come on, its only on for an hour and i wont see it again for weeks but ill get a day every now and then where it will be a pain in the a**e to start and it finally does start it will run like a sack of s**t and it revs itself up an down for a few minutes until it clears itself then it will be fine it only does it now and then and then it will be fine, can anybody shed some light on it for me, any help would be greatly appreciated.
By the way i did try the search but couldnt really find anything:(
cheers Andy

RichFred

Revving up and down is usually a vacuum leak somewhere, check / replace your vacuum hoses, especially the hard pipe to the brake servo, you can probably get that fixed for free if it is damaged as there's a recall on it. It's only about a tenner for enough silicone hose to replace all the smaller vacuum hoses. Also replace your coolant temp sensor, about 24 squids from the dealer, can't hurt even if it isn't the cause.

But as Robbie said get it on VAG COM so you can find out what your car thinks is the problem!

andy180

yeah ive got a recall letter for the servo vacuum hose ill have to get it in how do i go about getting it on vag com :confused:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.