TSI lumpy when cold

t21svj

Sep 23, 2010
Formby, Liverpool
I have noticed when i drive my car in the morning that its really lumpy, feels like a missfire as such, after a mile or so all goes fine. it goes onto the bi-pass stright away after being started from cold so i seem to notice it more.

just wondering if anyone elses does it from cold?

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
If you haven't got the new software update for the ecu, I'd look at getting it. Sorted out a lot of cold issues for me.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

cupra-ads

Dec 16, 2010
Colchester, Essex
used to have that - would start my cupra and it would shake a bit -like danny i have also recently had the new update installed and cant say ive noticed it since - its a recall '24t8' which is an update on ecu software - take it to dealer and get it done mate!

chuckb

Mo bark n' Mo grunt
Apr 4, 2010
Sunny Slough
Same used to sound like a Massey Furguson tractor. Now its quiet and does not jump around (No not like house of pain)

Aug 20, 2010
Gosport. Hampshire
Oo yeah get the update then see if it goes away. I was just wandering if it was the same as the emmisions problems some people have got (including me). Look at the recent thread on it

Sep 19, 2010
-
Should I ring my dealer and get this update booked? They haven't contacted me about it and when I asked they said I didnt need it..?

cupra-ads

Dec 16, 2010
Colchester, Essex
yeah reece mate...dont take it to grants they are pants!........bring it to me at miller and middleton in colchester..i'll get it sorted in under half hr while u wait mate

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I rang up dealers and asked if there were any outstanding recalls two weeks ago, they said they would ring me right back.............................

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
When they fixed my boot last year hahahahhahaha not even due my first service yet. Don't have a dealer any more since M1 shut doors.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Ummmm I think west London or something but all the dealers I have spoken to here are pants! Not very helpfull this lot tbh. So I need to find a nice dealer relatively close to me. I should actually ask Spurt to check if there are any recalls on mine. I have no issues so maybe there is nothing.