Tuning Box Anyone?

RainyDay

May 9, 2022
Hi guys. Does anyone have either a DTUK or DTE tuning box on their Seat? I was hoping for some help with mine as their support doesn't know what the issue is and just say nobody has reported anything similar.

Basically when it works it's absolutely savage and I can feel it kick me back in the seat even in 5th gear. But then it gradually detunes and the power creeps back to stock. Sometimes changing the map alleviates this issue and sometimes it decides to not do anything power wise. Now I've dynod the car and it's definitely adding power, but it just seems really inconsistent (irrespective of ambient temps)

I was wondering if anybody has had similar behavior and this is expected (ie: ECU adjusting to the box), or if I should look for some underlying issue that may be causing this (misfires maybe?).

Nov 4, 2022
Very thorough explanation of the differences between tuning boxes and remaps. Have been tempted in the past to go for a tuning box, mainly because of the simplicity of fitting the box, but as your video shows I think you're much better off leaving tuning to the experts such as yourselves.

Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox

RainyDay

May 9, 2022
Very thorough explanation of the differences between tuning boxes and remaps. Have been tempted in the past to go for a tuning box, mainly because of the simplicity of fitting the box, but as your video shows I think you're much better off leaving tuning to the experts such as yourselves.

Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox
Thanks for the reply. I think I've narrowed the issue down and while I think the ECU gradually adjusts to the tuning box, it's the darned GPF that's causing most of the issues I think. I've noticed when I go on long highway drives over 30 miles long I magically get all the torque back. Then after a week of short 4 mile drives to work it runs crap again. I can only assume it's the GPF getting clogged. I have nothing bad to say about the box, I've dynod it and gained 8% horsepower and 16% torque and that's only on the +1 setting. Nowhere near a remap but not bad. I'm sure the +3 setting can squeeze out an extra 1-2% hp/torque gain on 98ron

Last edited:

RainyDay

May 9, 2022

Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox
Also of a remap were available I would definitely sell this thing. I didn't get it because ease of install but because vag decided to use a locked ECU that nobody has cracked yet 🤬. Interestingly they've unlocked the siemen's ECU on 2.0 models but not the Bosch ecu on 1.5tsi. I'm extremely tempted to trade my car for a polo GTI as a result.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.