Turbo Actuator Fault

Sep 21, 2020
Hi Guys,

I have a 2014 Seat Toledo which recently went into limp mode with the EPC warning light come on.

I took it to a nearby garage and the diagnostics test seems to have picked up a turbo Actuator Fault. Garage is saying that I will need to replace the turbo plus actuator. Has anyone else had this same issue? Did the turbo need replacing in the end? Wondering if I should go with a brand new turbo unit or look to get a reconditioned one.

I've had a look on the internet and it doesn't seem to be a one off issue as other VAG 1.2s seems to also suffer this issue.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Like you had it on a 2014 1.2. Actuator change at SEAT is around £483 and didn't fix it. It was under guarantee so had a new turbo.

I also had the same failure on a 2017 1.0TSI. Actutaor change didn't fix it, New turbo under guarantee again.

However, there are DIY fixes for the actuator both on here (SCN) and on Briskoda.

Search for threads about fault codes P334A and P334B. Or Turbo Actuator or EPC fail.

Reactions: Sampeett
Sep 21, 2020
Thanks. I have seen some DIY fixes but from what I've read they seem to be a temporary fix.

Turbo and Actuator both have been replaced and car is back on the road. Feels a bit better to drive than before too. Hopefully no more turbo troubles.

Do you still have both the cars? Wondering how long these cars last (assuming that they're serviced properly and well looked after)? Mines done just shy of 90k but assuming no further troubles would like to keep it for a couple of years yet.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
My 1.2 had this failure at 26k, traded it at 35k for the 1.0.

That had to have a new turbo at only 15k miles.

Fingers crossed it holds together now, although I believe that a new type actuator part (post 2018) was fitted to mine when repaired, and this is supposed to have stopped the failures.

I don't know how many miles a TSi should be good for. All the hi-mile Toledos/Rapids I've seen have been TDi.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members