turbo has died

madpeck

its leaking lots of oil so much that its ruined the cat after filling it with oil and filled the intercooler pipe with oil too. thanks for the replys ill have to check the turbo before i buy. any idea how much they cost. iv only looked on ebay £349 is that what they usually sell for

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
its leaking lots of oil so much that its ruined the cat after filling it with oil and filled the intercooler pipe with oil too. thanks for the replys ill have to check the turbo before i buy. any idea how much they cost. iv only looked on ebay £349 is that what they usually sell for

Depends cheaper tend to be re-con units, or brand new is more up the scale at £500, mine has just had a brand new 1 900 miles ago which i have recipt for of 580 if i remeber. Sounds like the seal has blown on the inlet side, hence it pouring oil in the intercoolers, should have noticed it sooner really as they start seeping and you may get blue smoke on startup or under harsh accelration.

madpeck

if you look at my first post on this thread there is a link to the turbo i found. but im not sure if it fits. thanks anyway

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise