Turbo's & Superchargers

Chrisdaman

1 gearbox dead, any more?
Mar 21, 2007
Kingston
www.flickr.com
When you do this Chris will you do a step by step guide. Where you got the different parts. things you learned etc, as i would like to do this also.

yeh of course mate, was thinking if i do it and pull it off, i'll be the only supercharged cupra sport :D

yeh 230-250ish brake is what i'm after nothing mental, that'll be enough anyway, with the eaton soundtrack in the background

HarveyGTI

I want to be able to chase the IHI 20vT boys

then that my friend you will need to go down the turbo route....easiest way - 20vt transplant

an eaton charger simply wont be able to put out the same power as the IHI boys, unfortunately that is just an unrealistic target mate

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
then that my friend you will need to go down the turbo route....easiest way - 20vt transplant

an eaton charger simply wont be able to put out the same power as the IHI boys, unfortunately that is just an unrealistic target mate

Yeah, was just going to mention that, as most IHI'd boys on here are running around the 320 BPH mark. But that kinda power seems silly in a FWD car. IMO 240BHP is probably the highest you really want to go if you want usable power.

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
Well I've been in the library for the past 18 hours straight trying to revise, and got about another hour to go. Then to bed for 3.5 hours and back to the library for 7am :cry: Got a crappy materials Exam tomorrow (well today really) at 12:30pm. Rest of the people are probably just complete insomniacs :lol:

HarveyGTI

Well I've been in the library for the past 18 hours straight trying to revise, and got about another hour to go. Then to bed for 3.5 hours and back to the library for 7am :cry: Got a crappy materials Exam tomorrow (well today really) at 12:30pm. Rest of the people are probably just complete insomniacs :lol:

no I'm just an SC.net nutter and never sleep.....im on here around the clock to help out anyone and everyone lol:D

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
no I'm just an SC.net nutter and never sleep.....im on here around the clock to help out anyone and everyone lol:D

Lol, I know that feeling. I mean because of my exams I've gone for 3 weeks without going out getting mashed, washing the car, watching TV, yet SOMEHOW I seem to find myself logging onto here 5 times a day. Honestly if this site wouldn't exist I think my marks would go up by a good couple of grades :lol:

Who needs sleep when you have a 6pack of Asda's own knock off Red Bull :sleepy:

Chrisdaman

Mar 21, 2007
Kingston
www.flickr.com
lol i went to get some sleep if that was ok, not that hardcore of me i know

i think with the right mods, the absolute most you coul get out of the m62 charger would be 300bhp. But that would be ported and polished head, and inlet manifold, Audi S2 interals, lightened flywheel, lightened and balanced bottom end, Smaller toothed pullies on the charger, toothed belt conversion, remappable ECU, maybe some nitrous (small shot - 25bhp) and a few other things.

But as mentioned before in a FWD car that is wasted in corners, as clarkson called it once with the Astra VXR - "the chaos theory" the front wheels wouldnt be able to cope and you would go through tyres like underwear

HarveyGTI

last car was running 240bhp with 279lbft

it was "more" than enough on a FWD car, anymore IMO, and also a mate who is running the same car at the time also agreed

more than that figure it makes the car very undriveable, and a nightmare in the wet

300bhp out of an M62 might just be achievable on a good day, and yes with the mods you mentioned above, but that is alot of money.....for that you could almost go with an IHI transplant

still, it would certianly be different

Chris where are you going to go to get all this done, as I am watching with keen interest now?

are you going to get a fully mappable ECU like megasquirt? are you fitting this all your self and seeking professional help i.e. Vince from Stealth Racing for example or another pro tuner?

EDIT * i see you are in Kingston, just literally down the road from me*

Chrisdaman

Mar 21, 2007
Kingston
www.flickr.com
i'm planning things out atm, theres a guy in north london (the guy off ed38) who said that he would help me, he did all of his himself and knows his ****. Yeh i'm gna run a megasquirt ECU.

was tlking to a guy that used to work at mercedes now, and the chargers of the CLK 230 etc arent eatons, the only merc that used an eaton was the SLK55 AMG, and CLK 55 AMG, the expensive ones. I'm still looking though. Might M45 it, at 19 200bhp will be more than ample, and then when i get older, something more creative, i want the sound, and the boost :D

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
what charger do they use on jaguar v8s? seen one on ebay, might work, but they're 4.2 litre v8s lol, twice the capacity of mine

Not sure but the Jag chargers are probably going to be pretty massive, making it pretty much impossible to fit into an already cramped valver engine bay.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.