Turn off "infotainment" screen but keep music playing?

Brackett

May 12, 2019
Can I turn off the infotainment screen but still keep music playing?

At night having the screen on (if I don't need nav) is too bright and I just don't need it, just the cockpit is fine, but if i turn it off with the button it turns off all the music :cry:

Is there any way round this?

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
Can I turn off the infotainment screen but still keep music playing?

At night having the screen on (if I don't need nav) is too bright and I just don't need it, just the cockpit is fine, but if i turn it off with the button it turns off all the music :cry:

Is there any way round this?
In the display or car settings somewhere, sorry can't remember exactly where, you can set the screen to turn off after 10 seconds....
Personally I don't use this feature but have tried and tested it. Works as it should...

Edit: what I did find is that once you turn off and on you car again, it reverts back to being unticked. Doesn't hold your choice... Which sucks....

Last edited:
Reactions: Brackett

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
In the display or car settings somewhere, sorry can't remember exactly where, you can set the screen to turn off after 10 seconds....
Personally I don't use this, feature but have tried and tested it. Works as it should...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brackett

May 12, 2019
Personally I don't use this feature but have tried and tested it. Works as it should...

Edit: what I did find is that once you turn off and on you car again, it reverts back to being unticked. Doesn't hold your choice... Which sucks....
oooh, that sounds perfect, what an ingenious idea, I'll hunt that out in the menus tonight, thanks :cheers:

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Not 100% sure but if i remember if you wave at the screen, the proximity sensor would turn the screen back on again. I think this function only blank the screen, in the dark, you can still see the backlight on the blank screen.

Deleted member 103408

Dont think the facelift cars have the proximity sensor so I guess they will have to touch the screen.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Dont think the facelift cars have the proximity sensor so I guess they will have to touch the screen.
Yeah no proximity sensor as the screen takes up all the space. It’s a feature I never realised I’d miss.

one other solution is to save a black image to a usb and use that as an image to display.

Brackett

May 12, 2019
oooh, that sounds perfect, what an ingenious idea, I'll hunt that out in the menus tonight, thanks :cheers:
What I thought was actually a really good solution, actually isn't.

It works brilliantly, just as is says on the tin, for the current journey, but then resets itself back again every time you turn the engine off. Ridiculous, I don't want to have to set it every time I get in the car :cry:

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
What I thought was actually a really good solution, actually isn't.

It works brilliantly, just as is says on the tin, for the current journey, but then resets itself back again every time you turn the engine off. Ridiculous, I don't want to have to set it every time I get in the car :cry:

Who the hell decides on these things at SEAT?

Deleted member 103408

VW, Just like the stop start, the power steering with engine off, the cars mode etc.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Don't forget the non adjustable seat belts and lack of low washer fluid warning...

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I also can adjust steering up down in and out. I also have low washer warning on both 280 and 300. In fact I thought it was now a requirement on all new cars as it’s illegal to drive with empty washer fluid.

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
I have the steering adjustment Dong know if I have low washer fluid warning as I never let it get that low.... ?

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Used to be that you only got low washer warning with headlamp washers. Certainly first 280 didn't have one. Dunno bout current 300 as I always top it up every couple of weeks as A. I'm sure the wife drinks it and B. She once put anti freeze in a previous car's washer bottle....

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members