Tyre Pressure Monitoring System works :-)

wjohnson

Dec 17, 2008
Well after having my car for like 4 months the Tyre pressure warning light came on. Checked the back tyre and it was down to 26psi. Thought cool neat feature. Got half way down motorway to work and off it went again. Thought oh geez hope this isnt going wrong. Checked my tyre pressures again to find 22psi. Then looked at the tyre to find a bloomin screw stuck in it!!! Noooo my beautiful 18" tyre!! nooooo! :). I think someone has done this as they wer so jealous by the gorgousness of my leon fr!!! ;)

Ah well yes I'm loving the TPMS system too on my new car its a potential life saver tbh for lazy people like me who dont check ther tyre pressures as often as they shud :rolleyes:

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
The exact same thing happend to me, had to buy a new tyre but the system is very reassuring.

I actually paid £75 to have a similar feature fitted to my new car. The Audi one is slightly better in that it apparently indicated which tyre, but the principlal in how it works is still the same.

Many people moan that the system could be better, but in my case has the car 15 months, warning came on only ever twice. Once with the puncture and once when the new tyre has been fitted as I hadn't reset it.

Faultless system really.

wjohnson

Dec 17, 2008
Im so glad I didnt have to fork out for a new tyre. I looked the price of these tyres up the other day and nearly fell off my chair! Yeh did wonder if it was going to tell me which tyre it was but tbh only takes me 2 seconds to actually check the tyre pressures. It's the remembering to check em regurlarly I get stuck with so this feature is such a bonus :)

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
The key thing with tyres is to shop round.

Kwik Fit wanted £150 for one from me. Local place did the same tyre, cheaper than on the net.

wjohnson

Dec 17, 2008
I'm always really careful about where i get my tyres done now. On my old Hyundai Coupe V6 I took it to one place that successfully managed to strip the paint off the outside lip of my rim when getting the old tyre off. They covered it up in that white grease stuff and by the time i washed it and took it back they said i had kerbed it and they cudnt have done it. That was a bad day!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise