Tyre pressure sticker info

May 4, 2019
Hi all,
I found the label for tyre pressures, but what makes me confuse is that a label of "as I assume" lower temperature tyre pressure seems to be less pressure than summer!

As I remember from physics classes, air volume increases with higher temperatures and decreases with lower temperatures.

So then what is supposed, to have higher air pressure in winter and less pressure in summer.

Please guys correct my info.
IMG_20190511_163722_636.jpg

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
Hi all,
I found the label for tyre pressures, but what makes me confuse is that a label of "as I assume" lower temperature tyre pressure seems to be less pressure than summer!

As I remember from physics classes, air volume increases with higher temperatures and decreases with lower temperatures.

So then what is supposed, to have higher air pressure in winter and less pressure in summer.

View attachment 6893
The pressures shown as 33 psi front and 33 psi rear are the "comfort" settings for medium load (& will increase fuel consumption slightly)
The pressures shown as 38 psi front and 35 psi rear are the "normal" settings for medium load
The pressures shown as 38 psi front and 39 psi rear are the "normal" settings for full load
All of which should be inflated on cold tyres

May 4, 2019
The pressures shown as 33 psi front and 33 psi rear are the "comfort" settings for medium load (& will increase fuel consumption slightly)
The pressures shown as 38 psi front and 35 psi rear are the "normal" settings for medium load
The pressures shown as 38 psi front and 39 psi rear are the "normal" settings for full load
All of which should be inflated on cold tyres
I think you meant 33psi in front 31psi in the rear for the "comfort" mode.

So which one you think is the best for the car in general (comfort or normal)?

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Tyre pressure is a personal thing - I tend to find the sweet spot by trial and error based on the following factors:
- manufacturer specifications (right value will usually be between their minimum and maximum)
- body roll (under inflated tires roll more, over inflated tires grip less)
- tire wear (under inflated tires wear the edges more, over inflated tires wear the center more)

All these are personal and there is not one value that fits all - the values on the sticker are references.
Some people that drive only around the city might favour a less inflated tire, since it masks bad roads, but someone who enjoys performance or does long trips where economy matters might go more towards a more inflated tire.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Take it this is for the 17 and 18 inch Ibiza rims? Me personally I found 36/34PSI 'like Goldilocks' just right...on my 215/40 R17 tyres...You can start with the 38/35 and deflate as necesarily. This is assuming like me you have the handheld pressure gauge.

May 4, 2019
I think as most of your replies indicates, it's in the end a personal opinion and according to each one driving experience.
Nature of each country roads, speed bumps and vehicle usage.

I would like to hear also all your opinions regarding filling tyres with nitrogen rather than air!

Is it something useful or just fake?!

dj_sa

Aug 17, 2019
Hi all,

View attachment 6893
Hey, is that the front right door? I’m still looking for my tyre pressure sticker... Thanks,

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.