Tyre Recommendation

GTTIM

Mar 22, 2005
Need some new tyres for my Toledo 1.8T. Currently got GS-D3s, they're OK, but not overly impressed if im honest. Think the originals were Bridgestone Turanzas of some type - anyone know? Or some recommendations? Probably just get a couple of fronts for now as the rears seem OK.

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
I cannot really recommend any of these as I haven't had them fitted, but from reading many threads on the same subject the following seem to get good reviews:-

GOODYEAR EAGLE F1 ASYMMETRIC
HANKOOK K110 V12 EVO
TOYO T1R PROXES
VREDESTEIN ULTRAC SESSANTA
FALKEN FK452/ZE912

GTTIM

Mar 22, 2005
Had to go for the T1-R as they didn't have 4 of either Bridgestone RE050 or anything else that sounded half way decent. Bit concerned reading about soft sidewalls on these as thats been a pet hate with past tyres. Hopefully be OK. Will report back. :D Merry Xmas everyone

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
I had the T1-R's on my last car which was a MG ZS 180. I thought they were brilliant and didn't notice any problems with hard cornering.

GTTIM

Mar 22, 2005
Right, just a quick update on the Toyos. Ive driven 500+ miles on them over the xmas period.

First thing, they have some of the best grip levels (both in dry and wet conditions) ive found in any tyre (which does make me suspicious about the wear rate - both my previous sets of tyres have lasted ~22k, dont know if these will match that).

The sidewalls do appear to be a smidge softer than other tyres ive had on the Toledo 1.8T. However, so far it hasn't been an issue, but i haven't pushed the car hard as yet. (not really had the weather for it!) Overall so far they seem pretty good.

hugh_

Aug 25, 2007
Kent
I've got 205/55/16W Falken 452's on the front of mine, been on a month or so now, a vast improvement over the Dunlop SP2000's that were on it.

BigJohn100

I had BF Goodrich Profiler 2's at the last change, and noticed a definite reduction in ride quality. Roadholding was the same or maybe slightly better. (Toledo TDI 110 S 2002)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members