Tyres

Cupra305

Aug 18, 2013
Evesham
www.autoadrenalin.co.uk
I've had my stage 1 Mk2 Cupra for just over a year now, the previous owner barely used it and it lived in the garage. The tyres have age hardened and started to crack slightly. What tyres does everyone recommend? Mainly road use, with the odd short track session.

Babyface

Nov 11, 2011
Sittingbourne, Kent
I've had my stage 1 Mk2 Cupra for just over a year now, the previous owner barely used it and it lived in the garage. The tyres have age hardened and started to crack slightly. What tyres does everyone recommend? Mainly road use, with the odd short track session.

Goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric 2 tyres all the way for me. Now on my second set (1st lot lasted 20k miles) and can only recommend them to others. Search this forum for the Goodyears and you will see how highly rated they are.

mattc1983

Agree with others, I fitted 4 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 last week.

Used black circles with quidco cashback, cost about £490ish.

Very happy :)

BlackCupraa

2.0 BOOST
Sep 18, 2004
Chesterfield
I currently have Asymetric 2's, on my old S3 I had Falken FK452's and couldn't fault them, also recommend Rainsport 2's.

It all boils down to what you can afford really (but don't scrimp for gods sake) personally i'd go with the asymetric 2's just about cheap enough at Camskill.

Rosskie

Apr 20, 2013
Had falkens mentioned on my TT and was very happy, even did a track day round castle combe with them with no complaints. Got Goodyear F1 asym 2's on the front of the fr and they are wearing scarily quickly, probably get falkens again next time, although the Goodyear's are great. Don't get old eagle f1's (symmetrical, if they even still make them, too directional).

Toyo t1 proxys on my a4 and they are fine, but very firm, had slow puncture which lead to less than half required psi with no visual difference to the tyre. (Front btw)

Also my rears were age cracked when i bought the car and they are still on after 4k, don't see an issue with it.

Dose

I'm in the market for new rubber also, the previous lad had budgets up front! After being out last night in the rain 3rd gear spin is no good out a bend!
With regards to the falkens was it 914's some of you guy's had?

Rosskie

Apr 20, 2013
fk452s, cant comment on the newer fk453s, but at around £90 a tyre they worth it if as good as the 452's. Just my opinion of course

Rosskie

Apr 20, 2013
mate had 913s on his s3 when he bough it, and quickly dumped them, they are a totally different tyre

Dose

hmm 452 seem to be wetgrip c where as 914's are B... more digging required.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.