Unmapped k03s

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
i still stand by the fact that there is zero problems.

You dont change any of the fuelling or maf size and the ecu can adapt up to 20% anyway given the extra flow top end on the k03s.

If youve seen the size difference between the k03 and the k03s youd understand that very little is differnce.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
i still stand by the fact that there is zero problems.

You dont change any of the fuelling or maf size and the ecu can adapt up to 20% anyway given the extra flow top end on the k03s.

If youve seen the size difference between the k03 and the k03s youd understand that very little is differnce.

thing is Phil, ibiza's narrow band lambda is not running closed loop on wot, so depending on whose map is on it to begin with can influence if its got "spare fueling" or not... it cant hurtto check it to be sure its not leaning out at the top end, where the k03s is still going strong pumping air vs the k03 was out of puff. In any case if that was the case, so long as the existing code had some boost request left in it, some unisettings tweaks could assist any shortfall in fueling I'm sure.

Totally agree, its a relatively small change and existing software should suffice, but might not be optimal

"Zero problems" - on any car is a braver statement than I would personally make
worth checking.
:thumbup:

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
lol, yeah maybe "zero problems" was a bold statement bill, but i do agree, a check is always worth doing for peace of mind, but some people get really hung on the fact that they think the car needs to be mapped before driving it.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
lol, yeah maybe "zero problems" was a bold statement bill, but i do agree, a check is always worth doing for peace of mind, but some people get really hung on the fact that they think the car needs to be mapped before driving it.

I agree on a k03s this is not the case.
ragging it rotten from the get go however... may carry some risk :)

k04 Hybrid however... n75 off and drive sensibly to mapper

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Bill, how would you recommend i drive when i get my ko3hybrid fitted then head over to yours(2.5hr drive)? Off boost i guess and 60-70mph sensible driving.

jamiebennett81

Bill, how would you recommend i drive when i get my ko3hybrid fitted then head over to yours(2.5hr drive)? Off boost i guess and 60-70mph sensible driving.

yep

tis what I did when I originally had my k03s fitted, before the drive up off to Jabbasport

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Your going to have a lovly 2.5 hour drive back though on boost...I can see that first tank of feul going quite quickly.. ;)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.