Urgent Help required

mr.e-time

I have a strange electric problem with my 52 Toledo V5.

The problem is intermittent, the car will be working fine then suddenly I get random lights appear on the dashboard. This can also be accompaned with a beeping sound and/or a loss of power but not all the time. After a second or two everything returns to normal

The lights can be just the handbrake light coming on and then going off or a combination of the yellow lights on the dashboard coming on and off.

I have taken the car into the garage twice, both times the problem did not happen and they could find no problems with the car. On the second occasion, an autoelectrician also had a look and could not find any problems with the car.

The Electrical Management System light sometimes comes on and then off, the onboard computer has no error codes and the garage has no idea what the problem is or where to start.

I don't know what to do next, if the garage cannot find the problem they cannot find the solution

Has anyone else had this problem or knows a solution or has any advice on what I can do next?

twenny

engine geek !!!
Oct 9, 2008
East Yorkshire
Alright mate

have you noticed if it does it more when its raining ?

i would maybe check all fuse conections and look for any place were water could be getting in around any electrical modules first and take it from there mate .

all this wet wether i bet theres a few people getting funny dash lights this is the second thread today ive give this advice dude so it must be the weather lol .

do the above and report back matey

hope this helps

twenny

mr.e-time

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I did wonder whether the weather had any influence on the car but unfortunately this doe not appear to be the case.

The car has acted up when there has been no rain for days and it seems to be completely independent of the weather.

The only thing I did't mention in my original post was that the battery has been changed and it is slightly bigger than the original jacket and the plastic hood do not quite fit the new battery. Having said all that, the problem started months after the battery was changed and all the connections etc have been checked.

I will take another look again at the battery and connections the next time the car has a problem and double check that it isn't anything to with the rain.

Any other ideas would be gratefully received but again thanks for taking an interest

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members