Urus Paddles on a 5F?

CairoCupra

Jun 28, 2020
instagram.com
Well, as the title says, I'm trying to get your guys' opinion on whether or not these would fit on a 2020 Cupra 290,
From what I've seen through some research on Audi forums and Google, people seem to be able to fit them on their 8V A3's.

Would it fit on our cars, even if with a little bit of tinkering?
I'm only interested in purchasing the housing and not the circuitboard as I'll just transfer over mine.

Here are some photos I found of the paddles in question
Urus Paddles.jpg
68c0047f05661583d0afa983c2ff1bdc.jpg

And here are photos of paddles found on a Cupra 290
(I don't remember where i got the first pic from, sorry for missing credits but the second pic is my own paddle)

IMG_0683.JPG
33D85797-5BDE-45D0-A191-D22E1044257C.JPG

Last edited:

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
Wow these paddles look cool :)
I've lined the paddles up in Photoshop, and the bases are a bit similar but not identical, so they will indeed not fit. Not sure if there's a way to DIY this paddle onto the existing mechanism though

Reactions: CairoCupra

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
Aliexpress now has Urus paddles that should fit on the 5F :)
I ordered a pair and got them yesterday. Fitting them as soon as I have time, I'll report back.

Reactions: Walone

Cupra Ultimate

Dec 15, 2016
Aliexpress now has Urus paddles that should fit on the 5F :)
I ordered a pair and got them yesterday. Fitting them as soon as I have time, I'll report back.
And have you fit them allready. Can you post some pics, and was it easy to fit them.. i was lurking to buy these one.

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
DSC_1612.JPG

Good news and bad news.
The good news is .. it would fit.
The bad news is: i got 2 different paddles... One has the wrong type of hinge. The top one is wrong, bottom one is right.

And then there's an additional challenge: the pin isn't as easy to get out as it should be. There's only 1 hole, instead of 2, so you can't push it through. I've read some posts about people cutting a small notch into the pin/axle so they could wiggle it out.

Cupra Ultimate

Dec 15, 2016
View attachment 34387

Good news and bad news.
The good news is .. it would fit.
The bad news is: i got 2 different paddles... One has the wrong type of hinge. The top one is wrong, bottom one is right.

And then there's an additional challenge: the pin isn't as easy to get out as it should be. There's only 1 hole, instead of 2, so you can't push it through. I've read some posts about people cutting a small notch into the pin/axle so they could wiggle it out.
ooh that sucks.. i was planning to order also but will see. seems like its a pain in the ass to remove the pin.

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
Check this topic, we're not the only one with this issue ;-)

I'll try this as soon as the replacement paddle has arrived.
By the way, I'm pretty happy about the quality and feel of the Urus paddles. They feel kind of heavy, cold and smooth.

Cupra Ultimate

Dec 15, 2016
Check this topic, we're not the only one with this issue ;-)

I'll try this as soon as the replacement paddle has arrived.
By the way, I'm pretty happy about the quality and feel of the Urus paddles. They feel kind of heavy, cold and smooth.
Ok nice to know, keep us posted. i will order them also later perhaps you can help me with it.

eugchiew

Apr 2, 2017
Here you go!

Select Style C (Correction) when buying the aliexpress ones. I went for the carbon ones.

IMG_6465.jpg
IMG_6480.jpg
IMG_6481.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Cupra Ultimate

eugchiew

Apr 2, 2017

Cupra Ultimate

Dec 15, 2016

eugchiew

Apr 2, 2017
The workshop did it. But I don’t think it’s difficult. Get a small pin or needle to help tap it out.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.