User Profiles and Privacy Modes

MarauderMaisy

Jun 20, 2021
This seems like a topic that a few other people have had issues with in the past. I haven't worked out what's causing this, but sometimes I'll get in the car and not have the regular greeting, or sometimes I will. I always use the same key so the key shouldn't be an issue here. And then almost immediately after I start driving, the infotainment display comes up with "Changing vehicle settings", aborts my navigation route and kicks me into Guest mode with MAXIMUM PRIVACY enabled.

It doesn't happen all the time, but has happened a couple of times and on one occasion, switching back to my profile caused the infotainment system to complete seize-up, produced warnings on the dashboard and to add to the frustration, ACC started to misbehave - braking for vehicles in other lanes as well as phantom vehicles etc. I called up my dealer, was promised a call back: nothing. But in that case, it was fine, because I left the car for a few hours and the gremlins went away like nothing ever happened.

Is there any way to stop the vehicle from forgetting which profile you're supposed to be after? I have possibly made an association between plugging the car in to recharge it and the car throwing itself into Guest mode with Privacy enabled - made most obvious when the Cupra Connect app stops reporting on charge status or any other details.

I love the build quality of this car, I love the design and the performance and handling is incredible. But these software gremlins totally let down what would otherwise be a perfect vehicle.

DandyAndy

Oct 14, 2021
I still have the same problem too despite having the 1896 software update. It changes to guest mode (max privacy) at random intervals. Sometimes it happens when starting up or shortly after, sometimes during a journey and sometimes after switching off.
That's the most annoying one as the Connect app cannot then communicate with the car and I have to go to the car and to switch users.
Looks like we will just have to wait for another software update. :sneaky:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.