V5 seat height

skinnylew

Mar 19, 2007
South east london
I have a question thats been bugging me for ages:

My Toledo V5 (10v X plate) seats are wonderful, soooooo comfortable and everything adjustable (well except the lumbar as i broke that :( )

HOWEVER

the best thing about them is the fact that the drivers seat is a good few inches lower down than the passenger side. This makes it feel alot sportier :) which i love.

Infact it feels better than my bucket seats in my Ax GTi track car.
I've never seen it in anything else VAG i've driven (Octavia/Golf/Fabia) although they weren't the sports models.
Is this the same for everyone??

its not just the adjustment either its physically mounted lower.

Unfortunately im not sure how much longer i'll be running the Toledo for, i've average 18k a year in it and its now on 130k. Its a bit bruised and battered these days (had a wee bump in the snow)and is waiting for a new radiator as well. Loved it to bits though, if it keeps behaving well after the rad i might delay replacing and get some niggles sorted on her ;) :D
Pic from the Pod last year :)
HPIM1242.jpg

Tim

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
It does sound a bit peculiar to be honest. My seats are level with each other, and they adjust within the same range.

The only thing it could be is with the age of the car, perhaps the seat has sagged a little? But even that wouldn't be much, maybe half an inch.

I assume the seat is still secure, it doesn't move around at all?

k3nny

mine is the same, about 2 inches lower, its normal i think, even if it isn't, its perfect for me

manicmechanic

I've no idea, I love how low they go though! :) . My only problem is the seats are a bit dicky, and after my 4'10" wife lifts them all the way up the down control only works for a millisecond ever so often - I hate intermittent faults!

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I'd suggest you look at the wiring, particularly the connector block under the seat. The loom has to be loose to allow the seat to move, but occasionally the loom can get caught. I first found it when winding the seat all the way back and it suddenly went dead. The loom had caught on something and unplugged itself! Give the connector a few 'wiggles' and you might find the problem goes away.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members